Hiring Freeze...here we go

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring freeze confirmed by my boss. Wow shocker! Maybe stop hiring a million reps per pod with the same drugs! Didn't see this coming?!! Wth

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought your President said he wanted 14,000 reps by 2020?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Certain people have a voice in their head that says " I am going to get released, I knew it was not going to last forever" but thats' paranoid, no one will get canned, just picture yourself not getting that overnighted fedex letter announcing your termination, don't think about getting let go
    NN as always will be first in class with the best (top 20%) hires, don't even think about running to the lifeboats

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That voice is called "intuition" and being able to read the writing on the wall.

But then again, maybe you can't read...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This Top 20% is a lie. Go over the list of RBDs and AVPs that you know. Look em up on LinkedIn. What percentage of them were let go from BMS or Novartis 8 years ago? If they were top 20%, why weren't THEY kept, while the other RBDs and AVPs let go?

Discuss.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top 10, 20, 30 etc. in nearly completely meaningless in big pharma now. There are so many variables that affect territory performance far, far more than the rep. This dynamic has been expanding its presence annually for the last 15 years. Youngsters in the industry are the only ones allowed to think otherwise. If you've been around 2-3 years, you're only kidding yourself.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you guys keep worrying? I am confident the future will not be bad, I just put a down payment on a baby Beemer for my wife. I went out on a limb though, and asked my pod mate who spoke with a DBM about this. He said we need to not "read those damn forums, they are never right".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whew. I feel so much better now. Thank you DBM! Thank you for making everything Ok.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My DBM told me the same thing. No layoffs at NNI ever. I feel good about that. We got work to do now so let's get to it!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your confidence and decision to buy a car makes me feel at ease. Thank you for sharing this!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

guess what. no matter what you have been told about no layoffs at Novo, there will be a major down-sizing before year's end. They can not continue on this course with no ROI. the hiring freeze is just the beginning. Best of luck to all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yet another troll trying to plant weeds in a superior company's fertile garden patch.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes the garden in lush. It's like when you have this song in your head that you hear over and over , but with some people it's "I'm getting laid off, I'm going to lose my job" and they keep repeating this, over and over in there head, and the voice just wraps around a persons head every waking minute. There is no need to keep thinking about losing your job

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. There is no need AND no time to keep thinking about losing your job.

You need to spend your time updating your resume and stepping up your job search while you still have a job.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anything new on the hiring freeze? I saw a couple openings in my area previously and then the next day they were gone and I heard about the freeze. I'm wondering how long it might be until they open again? Is there a reorganization or layoffs ahead first?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The freeze is supposed to lift at March end. The official company line was they are trying to reduce costs in hopes of getting closer to the Q1 budget. I suspect you won't see all of the jobs re-posted and there will be some sort of reorganization in the coming months. Pushing back recruiting/hiring costs for 4 weeks will have little effect on Q1 numbers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't read too much into this hiring freeze thing. We all know that things thaw out, eventually. So go about your business as you're instructed and things will work out fine. I do need to remind you however that the reps. are the last to know when these events will happen or if at all they will. Hang in there.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are NOT on a hiring a freeze but a hiring slow down...they are just taking it slow We are not going anywhere

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says the rep with his head in the sand.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring freeze till July and beyond. This is the end of the run. You can believe ANAJ lies.... He's an idiot. Don't expect straight answers from his puppets ERTU and BADE.