Base salary range

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call about a position with ironwood. Word is base salary is high for pharma standards. Can anyone give a range for starting base salary for experienced rep..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect about a 10% bump from your current base. Salaries for the original reps were high for pharma, but the company is reigning in expenses whenever possible. With so many good reps out on the market, they can be picky and still not pass as much as they did at launch.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is 120k within reason?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be close to the upper limit but definitely within reason. Good luck to you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bummer I got 45K

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IW reps the most overpaid in the industry. 6 figure base to sell 1 GI drug in arguablly the most accessible specialty there is and drop samples of another one. Pathetic.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you didn't get the job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone is going to be fired as a result of acquisition by Actavis. You are all doomed

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis bought Forest, not Ironwood. You are an idiot.

P.S. Ironwood reps make more than Actavis managers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you and your same weak ass reply. you will be out on the street and crapping your pants eventually.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are so intelligent, please tell me why we will be on the street?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because another company is going to counter offer the Actavis bid and Ironwood is part of the package. Take a look at your falling stock price.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong on both counts. The Actavis bid for Forest will close as planned. They might not be well known, but the people at Actavis and the newer leadership at Forest are very smart on putting together M/A deals. This has been planned for a long time.

Second, you can't package a deal involving 2 seperate companies, different BODs, different major stakeholders, etc. Another company would need to get approval on 2 seperate buyouts, both at higher risk due to the dependance on both deals being approved.

Soon, Actavis will own Forest, Ironwood will continue the co-promote with Actavis (as laid out in the original agreement with Forest), we will still be collecting out fat paychecks for promoting Linzess and you will still be bitter that you didn't get the job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen. Scoreboard. You know why everyone says sorry you didn't get the job? Because you didn't. This board is for employees. I have never viewed a companies board I didn't work for because I have no vested interest. So if you are on here you either didn't get the job or work for Takeda case closed. If it is not the two you have too much time on your hand and are a loser.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that these reps are way overpaid to sell 1 drug to GI's. Its not rocket science to sell Linzess and there isn't much competition out there right now. 100K+ is the going base and when you look at what they are doing it really is unbelievable that Ironwood is paying that.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you agreeing with?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The voices in my head

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Losing Money, Bad..where can they cut? mmmh...contract sales force starting to look attractive.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forest rep here. I thought Ironwood was the contract sales force?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry you didn't get the job