Dave Santos

Discussion in 'Medivation' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure he fits in to Medivation Culture… Any Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. It seemed that what everyone talked about last week. I sure hope he doesn't do to us what he did to Genentech. We have a GREAT thing going....let's not screw it up!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well he screwed up the culture at Onyx and brought very little to the team...in just a year he did some heavy cultural damage...thank god we got bought and paid...his lasting legacy is a bad hire still at Onyx.

Oh how was the family slide show? He did the same presentation at DNA and Onyx and now he has his son's story to add. Well you're his new family now! Best of luck...pray for the buyout.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk to the folks at Onyx...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total bummer...I had heard some things from friends at Onyx but was going to hold judgement until the meeting. Hopefully he'll get some colleague coaching because right now he's the odd man out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's always the odd man out. At DNA they would just move him around to different brands and jobs because no one could work with him. His personality alone is odd and add to that he is out of touch with today's industry and he gets alienated quickly. At Onyx he botched a very serious HR issue because he never took the time to get the whole story and he can't judge talent. He hired a grossly inexperienced and an equally odd person for NSD. He knew she was nowhere near the caliber for the job but he wanted a 'yes' person because he knew no one at Onyx bought into him or respected to him. Over time they just shut him (and now her)out or went around him. Lastly the "Mr. Family man" you see on stage is an act...all BS.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is perfect for Medivation, way better than other options. DS will watch those below him and not allow any of their BS. Dave is all about protecting the reps in the field.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with that! Guess you haven't talked to any Onyx or Genentech reps...he is clueless and thinks his primary objective is compliance...not sales. He never has an idea on how to drive sales and forget about coming up with an IC plan that makes sense and is incentivizing.

You have one thing right...he is perfect for this sinking ship.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell me he went 'family slide show' and how he's lived in 16 different cities in 20 years...did he give your cell phone to have you text one word describing the culture at Medivation?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very cool that he is bringing Dave Banker over from Genentech to join him. Great friends should work well together. Great team at Genentech.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very cool that Dave is bringing Dave Banker over from Genentech. They make a great team. Banker should moving over quickly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just threw up in my mouth.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So we are going to have Larson, Post, Santos and Banker from Genentech. What a team.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Dave Banker is coming on board around May 1st.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dream team of the pharmaceutical industry

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, you have to question the decisions of the senior leadership at Medivation to allow this to happen. A consistent thread of 'employing people's buds". It was started by Melissa and has continued on....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the only way DS gets his jobs. Be willing to relocate and kiss ass. He literally has not had an original or innovative thought in the 15 years I've know him. Wait until there is a tough decision to be made...it will take in 10 times longer to actually make the decision than is necessary and he will hem and haw and 9 times out of 9, with all the time he took, will land on the wrong decision.

Seriously, have you ever been around a more uninspiring leader? Terrible communication skills, terrible interpersonal/social skills, and a lackluster track record and checkered past. Thanks for getting a dynamic leader - NOT!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People at Onyx that I know feel the same way. He is a do nothing blow hard...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true. Sad but true. Plus he hired a train wreck as an NSD at Onyx.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there during his very short Genentech tenure. It wasn't good.