Biogen has the most turnover in Biotech

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by Anonymous, Apr 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On April 18th fierce pharma announced that out of all the Biotech companies while Biogen is the 4th largest they are now number 1 for turnover.

That was sad to see. I thought to myself at meetings etc that all I see is new faces and that all the good people are long gone. And now I know why. The turnover was highest in sales and r&d.

I hope to be out soon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only so long you can stay in a shit hole!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is all due to the love affair the company has with fraudulent marketers and commercial types. Many talk a great game, but there is nothing of substance.

Half these people in HQTRs need agencies and consultants that are paid literally millions
    to do the jobs these commercial types are to do, one could reduce the entire Global organization by 50% and productivity and profitability would rise exponentially.
    Talk about redundant!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. This is a great company. We lost some good people but many others were just dead weight.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please post article. I can't find it anywhere.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off, this is not a biotech! Maybe 10 years ago but it is now nothing but a mid-sized Big Pharma company.
    Secondly, it's been run into the ground by a pack of old school, Schering/Merck/McKesson assholes who do nothing but promote each other while companies with worse off pipelines pick off the only talent that WAS here.
    The sales force now is a joke! The experience is sad. Selling zit cream or contact lenses should never be on any resume of any rep here!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please check scoreboard.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for this "supposed" article that doesn't exist.

Because everything on cafe pharma must be true, right?

I love this company as does 99% of the employees that work here. Everything said on this site is by ex employees or people looking to stir the pot.

Junk!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strongly Agree also!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

De Nile not just a river- but a state of mind for useless individuals who think of themselves in more than self important terms

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

L-O-V-E Biogen. Great co

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously people! Biogen Idec has been ranked the 2nd best employer to work for, for more than one reason. When people jump ship it's cause they work for Biogen and that puts them in a great position to enter a higher rank status than they currently have with Biogen. Regardless if the above post is true (which I doubt!), please, read the article on how and why we are ranked number two and take pride in having the opportunity to work for Biogen. I am still in close contact with people who left for Genzyme and regret the decision. They have sold all of the stock they had cause they are not making bonus. They quit with promises that Genzyme couldn't keep. Even if Lemtrada gets approved, they will have to give that product away. No insurance is going to take a risk of creating other health issues that will cost them more money. Biogen reps make a lot of money and have the best resources. I know that there are times when it gets annoying with the amount of pressure to hit numbers but this is sales people. If a professional athlete blows, do you really think they are gonna keep on team while paying them?! Of course not. Richard Francais is the perfect example of moving to a division of Novartis to gain experience in a higher status position. He will be back, I am sure of it...when we have a position that is higher ranked than the one he has. Just look around and talk with friends and family and you will soon recognize how fortunate and appreciated where are. Almost all of my family and friends have not received merit increase. Non get RSU. Not get the benefits we get. Non have the amount of vacation time as well as other time off dates, like week off between Christmas and New Years. So please stop thinking of all the negative and pray to whom ever that people made choices to leave and you were given the opportunity that you currently have to work for this company. Grass is not greenier on the other side people. Have friends that have been looking to get back into industry for over 9 months; Because they came from "me too!", products know one wants them. So to all that don't agree don't let Karma come back to bite.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best thing written on this shit website since it's creation. Finally a thread where people are THANKFUL for the opportunity given to them. I plan to stay here forever. It's a great company and I work with great people.

All the bs on here is exactly that. From individuals who left. Any real Biogen employee loves where they work. It would be hard for the company to be any more considerate to it's employees. Thank you Biogen!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN! ^^^^^. So nice to read the truth for once and not all the negative bs comments! Biogen is a great company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another employee in full agreement. Best place to be in Biotech. Don't like it? LEAVE!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading the above posts, I realized that we "all employees", only bitch about things without truly knowing if the grass is greener...don't hear people complaining on how they didn't get a freaking raise on here... Have many teacher friends and family members who teach all ages, including special ed, whom all get rated annually: FME fully meeting expectations; PME; BE, similar, to our rating system...they however,don't get a cent, for a raise, in over 5 years... No reimbursements for personal development for those that want to pursue higher education...Biogen not only's reimburses for school, they encouraged it. Will I admit in my years of working here that they are "dummying down" the ABM position at times??! Sure. But at the end or the day, we have three great products, Biogen has a sick ass pipeline with a humble CEO and a leadership team that is bouncing back tenfold. If you take a step back and compare apples to apples, Biogen Idec is the crème de la crème... Just take accountability, recognize we are the employees and you were hired to persuade... per·suade
    pərˈswād/
    verb
    cause (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument.
    "it wasn't easy, but I persuaded him to do the right thing"

With that said: Just focus on the patient as if it were someone you love, if the doctor is not providing standard of care - teach him. Educate with the resources your given. Our doctors have no time for Education and going to a speaker program is not taken seriously, most of the time. What will work , is you....The Biogen employee that is paid a lot of money to protect patients. If your bitching about what you don't have, please think about someone you love that doesn't have a great healthcare provider to protect them. We are the MS experts. Read the studies and educate yourself on 'ms standard of care' and compare doc to doc. You should not even feel bad for taking up their time...Biogen (professor) + MD (Student) = partnership learning...You go to a mechanic for your car problems,...your plumber when you have a plumbing problem...have your doctors come to you with an MS concern. So please start to post industry news related to the disease state and/ or cutting edge medical news that is neurology related. Remember to practice partnership learning. Everyone wins with this, especially the patients.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you not the VP of sales???

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great points and so true. If everyone had your mindset we would all be much better off. You were trained the right way, and I bet I know by whom!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biogen employee here. Your biggest mistake is thinking you are going to teach a Neurologist who works with MS all day. My wife is a Neuro who specializes in MS and now doesn't even speak with Biogen reps due to this same mindset. It's really comical the things she comes home and tells me that some of you people try to "teach" her. I seriously think she has forgotten more about Neurology and MS than what ALL of you people know combined. Really bad advice.