Cost of Victoza

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Profitable access was brought to us by the Managed Care AVP who was forced out of BMS for the same strategy that failed there that is failing here. For Victozia, we will not have rebates for better managed care formulary access and, we will not give rebates to any of the states for Medicaid formulary access.

Ask anyone from BMS managed care what bad shape they were in when our Managed Care AVP was forced out of their company. Not only is his strategy a failure like it was at BMS, he has brought over his BMS team to run and ruin our managed care.

Now he is in the process of ruining his second company from a failed plan from his failed leadership. No wonder morale in managed care is at all time low.

Hired by a failed NNI President to run a failed plan that nearly ruined BMS - wow are we lucky to have him as our Managed Care AVP and ruin our company with his friends he brought over from BMS.

When his plan failed at BMS, he blamed the field sales force which is what he is doing now to our sales force.

Amylin most be very happy over our profitable access strategy knowing that it is a failure led by failed leadership.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how could they ALL be so stupid and listen to this BMS BS. Our management is a joke!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a self pay and the cost to me at Walmart is 138.72 per pen. I need 2 per month so the cost is 277.44.....but it has already dropped my Glucose 140 points

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice to hear about your results but we will never hit our numbers if people have to pay $277 per month to get victoza

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wait until you titrate up to the 1.8, lets see how long you pay $400

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get it right, it is only $399

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It may cost a lot more than byetta but my docs would rather use victoza! most were never been sold on byetta so it is easy pickings.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

byetta is too easy to sell against. lilly sucks and amylin doesn't have any reps. the challenge is selling against januvia. thats where the money is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you try selling against a MUCH less expensive ORAL that is covered on ALL the formularies

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i pay 1250/month insurance now they start you on a very expensive new drug. I will use over 2 pens per month, 1 pen was $373.00 at Walgreens. Called my Dr. and told him to find me something else, if not oh well. Just don't know what will happen

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I first started on Victoza I check at the WAL-Mart parmacy and the the price before my insurance was $448.00 a month swnt that was just 3-pens. My insurance had to pre-aprove it before I could afford it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Byetta is way to easy, but their once a week will not be. It is going to totally wipe Victoza off the map!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cad $ 174.00 for 2 pens

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The one person is right it is $485.00 at Wal-Mart for Victoza

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And worth every penny. Just think of the weight you lose when the money leaves your pockets.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your results may not be sustained (I do hope they are and if they are by all means stay on it). Unfortunately and most importantly, both exenatide and liraglitude are likely unsafe. This will eventually be brought to light in post marketing or meta analytical studies. Additionally, both of these peptides prevent the immediate upward trajectory of post prandial glucose primarily through gastroparisis effect and possibly inhibition of glucose output by the liver (gluconeogenisis). There is not much evidence to support the "regeneration of beta cells" argument that reps throw around. The weight loss (which is a result of the gastroparisis) is not very significant either. As it stands neither Victoza nor Byetta is worth the money they cost for most patients/taxpayers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Profitable access was sold to Novo by SNOY. He tried to sell that concept over at BMS and looked what happened there. WE are headed down the same road. Novo needs to rid itself of the BMS rejects and go back to the company it once was, well-respected and a great place to work.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to freshen up on your biology. Your statements above show that you don't have an understanding of what happens to a person when they develop diabetes nor do you understand what gastroparesis is. Lastly, you don't seem to understand the physiology or the mechanism of action of the GLP-1 class.

Don't try to sound smart unless you are smart.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By all means, feel free to correct me. I need to brush up and you wouldn't want this person to walk away flawed knowledge.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction, it was started at novo by Purcell and G Ingram when Hurley was here, and endorsed and implemented aggressively by SNOY. The strategy is sound (who wouldn't want to play in a more profitable pool of access), the execution is poor do to lack of MC relationships, insulin claw back strategy pissing insurers off, poor leadership, and limited rebate creativity. IMHO