My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I'm reading that in some areas of Merck there will no bonus and VP approval for better than a 1% raise. Really? I'm so glad I saw this coming a few years ago and began my 15x15 journey. Anybody who doesn't see this now is blind. I'm gonna just keep cashing these checks as long as possible. Keep warm everyone!

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much fun is it to sit in a local sports bar all day watching college hoops, entering a few calls, eating and drinking with friends and having Merck pay for all of it? That's gonna be my schedule the next few weeks of March Madness. I even have a couple of my doctor friends that join in on the fun as well.

I really love my 15x15 life style. As Flounder from Animal House said, "Oh boy, this is great!" Gotta love it!!!!!!!

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember that next call is just a mouse click away.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rock on, 15 Guy.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been doing the same from local spring training games. A few dogs and beers are a much bigger hit than another round of mochacinos back in the office.

Thanks for the innovation 15x15 guy!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How fun was it today to take a conference call with my phone on mute drinking a Smithwicks while everyone was partying? I even entered a few calls too. I think my computer smells like corned beef tho! I hope everyone had a great St Paddys Day!

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do, one of my counterparts got an email from HQ that said hers was off.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. And it's so easy. Think about all the policies at Merck you're at risk of violating one just by leaving the house, so why leave? Much easier to just make "remote" calls and I don't think Merck really cares one way or the other. If I wanted a real job I would go get one.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're absolutely right. At the moment, Merck doesn't care one way or the other. But therein lies the rub. At some future moment, Merck can and will choose to care and then my friend, you can kiss your ass goodbye from this circus.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that will be among the best days in my life. Until then, I follow the 15 Guy. My second job is going well. I'll enjoy doing that full-time…eventually. I'll take tens of thousands of additional Merck dollars between now and then, however.

FU Merck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's fun to check in on you once in awhile. I'm at another Big Pharma company and the story is so (pathetically) similar. Can't quite manage your 15x15 lifestyle physically, but working on it in my own fashion and mentally am totally with you! Milk these stupid, immoral fatted-calfs for all they are worth....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soy question is how do you do it if you have a horrible bitch of a counterpart who asks you where you are everyday? Tesla you what docs are I. And then tells your manager who is on vacation and oh by the way that doc was not in that day how did you call on them? What a bitch! She is a Merck robot and I cannot stand her! I mean get a life and don't worry about me! I tell you she is trying to get me fired? Do you think she can actually do that? I really do work and get sig's on almost every call but maybe a call or two a day ya know you say yea I was there! That is part of the job. How do I get around this bitch?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, it is all about how management perceives any given employee. I've seen many phony's advance up the corporate ladder even though they were completely worthless. What they really were, was a great bullshitter that had management completely hoodwinked.

You're also correct that try as they might, management cannot and will not save their way to a profit. They can ONLY grow the business by selling more of it's goods and services. They can temporarily fool Wall St by swinging the axe, but eventually they will run out of things to cut. The true test of any given executives ability is NOT simply pruning the rosebush. Any fool can do that. The real test is can an exec restore the pruned rosebush to it's former glory. Frazier isnt that guy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How fun was yesterday? Watching the NCAA Tourney, eating & drinking with friends and having Merck pay the couple hundred dollar "catering" bill! Having another "catered" lunch again today too. I hope my liver can survive another day.

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today & tomorrow I will have a "catered" lunch through my buddy's local eatery. The paper receipt will show a lunch but in actuality it will just be a credit for the evening event of food, drinks and ncaa basketball. Some of my physician friends will just happen to drop by and partake in the event as well.

Gotta love it!

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope your 'buddy' has other 'customers' as generous as Merck to make his eatery a success. The countdown to get rid of nearly all reps is on thanks to the strategies of our peers. I'm sure you could care less about losing your 15x 15 lifestyle but can you say the same about your 'buddy'?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO!!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oooo how sweet. What a scamp. Thanks for sharing. So sly. Food drinks and basketball? Wow.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My hat is off to you, 15 X 15 Guy.

What I don't get are those that the company has stuck it up their ass sideways, yet they don't (or can't) see the logic in fighting back.

Maybe I'd feel differently if the company's executives also took it on the chin like the little people do, but that doesn't happen.

Look, the company is huge. We little folks really cant do much damage, we just don't have the firepower needed to do it. Merck isn't going to go out of business due to the 15 X 15 Guy's exploits. Although The 15 X 15 guy isn't taking much of a bite out of Merck's ass, what he does have is the personal satisfaction of knowing in a very small way he fucked' em back. Bravo!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks!

I no longer understand the loyalty to this company. They have no vision, no products, no pipeline, no leadership..... All they have are suck up managers & upper management looking to stick around and suck as much as they can off the corporate tit. Seeing this, why not do the same? I have for a couple years now and it's VERY satisfying! Mother does not care about you so give it a try.

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy