Layoffs in GI

Discussion in 'Ferring' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is it was truly family related...having 4 young kids and never being home could be quite stressful I'm sure

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chicago GI dist situation is very grim. Milwaukee-vacant due to resignation of rep who was on plan. One of the 3 North Ill terr's is empty due to recent layoff and one of the remaining Chicago land reps is new. Both MI terr's empty. Of the two IN terr's one has just been fllled but has a history of very low sales. So of eight terr's only 4 are staffed at the moment and 2 of those are new hires. Only three terr's in the whole dist have a market share that fits the current management expectation.

Be careful, be very careful, if you're looking at joining this Great Lakes death march.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% spot on. But let's not forget the incompetent DM.

1. Distributing an email to his team that contained sensitive information that was never meant for rep eyes

2. Not having any sense of how to conduct himself in offices - getting himself and his reps kicked out across in multiple offices across multiple territories (he was a successful rep, I'll give him that, but for the life of me, I don't have a clue how he pulled that off)

3. Quick to blame and give marching orders, but never asking any questions or seeking to understand any of the issues in a given territory or with a certain account or doctor; Heaven forbid he ever do any coaching

These are just some examples. AP is in way over his head and should have never been hired for this, or any similar, position. It goes on and on and even goes up the chain (and consequently back down) to include the equally incompetent JS & RR.

Combine all of this with a dog of product, and you get this dumpster fire.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allegations of off label marketing of Lysteda that were never investigated because AP was exceeding goals led him to the position he is in today.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are doo doo crap head. Dicker man

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in a meeting with senior management many months before the launch of Prepopik. I commented that it appeared to be a good product,but that it would be very important to price it appropriately. I sensed that they did not want to hear that and that they had already made up their minds to price it at a premium. There is nothing wrong with pricing a new product higher than the competition, However,if the price point is too high,patients will be willing to drink a higher volume product in order to save money. Pricing has to match the perceived value of the product or the demand will not be there.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks captain obvious! You must spend time with Warren Buffet with all this insight!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well,it certainly wasn`t "obvious" to those who set the pricing. That should have been a red flag(among others) for intelligent people to move on. I did. How about you?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did KS quit? I really liked him.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to know as well. Any one got the news, Gladstn, double GG whats the word.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the story with the Toledo GI position? Is it an expansion, layoff or was the rep termed? What about the mgr?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So did KS quit or get fired?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fired. Finally.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong...travel was really hard on family....4 young kids

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for him. This company needs more managers who actually put family first. When people lose track of what matters most in their life, everyone suffers- personally and professionally.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What company is he working for now?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

uhh...Ferring

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a true Funny Farm. Lots of cows, pigs and goats

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. He was demoted because he sucked as a manager. Get the story right, people!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spoken like someone who has no clue, and an axe to grind...