laid off Cluster 2 Reps... How is the job search going?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cluster 1 wants to know!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go fuck yourself!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not too great....as you will find out in about 10 months. Good luck to you too

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor Baby.... Got rejected by Starbucks? Remember- Cluster one is your Daddy!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cluster 1- The Haves, Cluster 2- the Have Nots

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better pay, better management, and I can drive a car thats worth more than 40K. Suck it PFE

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you got to get off this year end layoffs for cluster 2. it's just not going to happen. now end of 2014 that might be diff story.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I happen to know you are wrong.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just accepted a job offer. Same salary, higher target bonus, still big pharma (yes I know this is a sinking ship, but I will ride it out until it sinks.)

My plan is to work this job until the next layoff and in the meantime I'm going back to school to get into another industry (nursing).

I have talked to several of my displaced colleagues and about half of us have found new jobs. The other half are taking their time and enjoying the time off. I was pleasantly surprised at how many opportunities were out there. I was able to be picky. Turned down 2 opportunities before I accepted this one.

Good luck to Cluster 1! You will land on your feet, and honestly, it has been a great opportunity to spend some much-needed time off with my family.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you CAN drive a $50k car.... But do you HAVE to?

I drive a late model Infinti. Well under $40k, gets good gas mileage. Could I have afforded a new 5 series BMW? Yes (my wife and I make >$250k combined), but I'd prefer to bank an extra $500 a month. That's just me, and you're free to drive whatever you want at your new gig, but in case you haven't noticed, cars depreciate. Quickly. Buy a 1-2 year old certified used car and let someone else eat $5-10k in depreciation.

I'm not cheap, but I'm not stupid either...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer won't let you drive a car that has an original MSRP of more than $40K. I drive a car that is worth more than that originally but was certified and pre-owned, and I purchased it at significantly less than $40K. I'm not stupid either, that's why I got over it very quickly when PFE let me go and and I am more than happy to drive a car that I want (heavily discounted), work a job that I like, with a corporate culture that is not vindictive, spiteful, and controlling. Most companies that reimburse vehicles have a MINIMUM, not a MAXIMUM that they want you to spend. Pfizer doesn't want you driving an Infiniti while they put their fleet reps in a $24K 4 banger Subaru because, well, that's just not fair. Classic liberalism being driven from the top down and shoved down the throat of everybody.
    Signed,
    Laid off Cluster 2 enjoying a 4matic Benz

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure you do

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know they told you that you would make huge bonuses when you took the job as a car salesman, but it was all exaggerated. Keep in mind that you don't really own the car you are driving as it is just a demo.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An Infiniti is just an over-priced Nissan. You might as well have saved some $$$ and bought the Altima or Sentra.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never had a Lexus or Infiniti have you? There is a BIG difference from a Toyota or a Nissan in many ways. And when you spend hours a day in a car, it helps my attitude.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Infiniti G series = RWD

Altima = FWD

That is the most basic distinction, but there are numerous others such as the quality of the interior materials, sound deadening materials/technology, wheel/tire size, paint quality, etc. While some manuafacturers will share platforms for their mainstream & luxury brands, anyone with modest knowledge of the product lines can figure that out. Even so, if you're buying used, the $ difference may be small, making it worth it to opt for say a Lexus ES350 over an optioned-out Camry.

You also get MUCH better customer service at a Lexus or Infiniti dealership than a Toyota or Nissan dealership. But to each his own.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got my bonus direct deposited yesterday, after recently placing a large fleet order for one of the biggest equipment suppliers to Macondo Oil, who services more than 60% of the minerals management drilling contracts in North Dakota. 151 medium and heavy duty trucks. Taking the whole month of March off and island hopping while my dealer demo Cadillac CTS sits in the parking garage of my condo. I may or may not work again this year, and I cleared about 3 years of Pfizer work pay on another national fleet contract. Have fun knocking on doors and getting kicked out of offices trying to tell physicians and their staffs how to run their businesses on the "VBH" platform.

Signed,

A real dumbass

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I'm in Medical Devices sales, but you can still "Go Fuck Yourself"!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy that 40k base and carrying that pager around 24/7 !

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to doing something you enjoy or get satisfaction from. Life is too short to be miserable. There are many ways to make a reasonable living and keep your dignity and be a good person.