pfizer is not responding to unemployment office

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone been successful getting unemployment? Myself and My colleagues that have been laid off in my state are unable to get benefits because Pfizer is not responding to unemployment office.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BIG SURPRISE RIGHT?!!! I'm in Ohio and myself and other displaced colleagues have been told by Ohio Unemployment that Pfizer will not answer their question as to "when" our lump-sum severance is allocated to! All Pfizer needs to do is say, "yes," the Severance is allocated for the last day of employment just like our last paycheck, bonus, and vacation days payout...They told us on a conf call prior to our end-date that the severance is a lump-sum separation benefit that is bestowed after signing the separation terms (no suing, no whistle-blowing, etc..) and it is not meant to be the means for our survival for the next few months until we land a new job. Unemployment will take the lump-sum and divide it out for as long as they feel we can "survive" on it. Hopefully everyone is again employed prior to it running-out but if not, none in OH can receive unemployment benefits until that time.... So much for using that Severance to pay bills or save any face..LOL

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would consult an employment lawyer and at least see what your options are here. They can be compelled to give an answer to DWD in your state. happens a lot with smaller businesses who go bankrupt or get bought out and everyone gets fired. They have to give a declaration on the date of payment in some way good luck

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I remember, severance did not affect unemployment benefits in 2009

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SEVERANCE DOESN'T AFFECT UNEMPLOYMENT, IF PFIZER DOESN'T RESPOND AFTER A MONTH UNEMPLOYMENT MOVES FORWARD

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is different for every state. In Ohio, if Pfizer does not respond, they allocate your severance for you. Pfizer pfucked ohio

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone get there check yet? I sent my forms in the week before 3/11 still nothing. Will it be paper or direct deposit? I cant remember.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nope

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still nothing here either. Called HR and they give me the run around about answering unemployment on severance. They act like they don't handle anything anymore and any questions should be answered by Earnst & Young. When I call them they explain that Pfizer won't respond to the Severance date question so therefore they can't tell unemployment anything. Wtf! Giving up I think.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DON'T YOU GET IT, YOU DON'T WORK FOR PFIZER ANYMORE, YOU ARE NOT A PRIORITY ANYMORE

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine was direct deposited on the 27th.

Started working for another pharma company. Great so far, other than the training. Pfizer training was a joke compared to the expectations of new company. Very intense and digs much deeper into disease state. Truly the only thing I miss about big blue was how easy product training was.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone been successful in getting unemployment benefits for this round of cuts? I did get my severance deposit, and then filed. But I have not heard back.
    If this keeps up, I'm going to have to gather the kids around the dinner table, and let them know that one will have to go. I put the entire severance toward paying off debt.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obama gonna take care of you if you take care of him

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am from the outside. Just wondering, when was this "round of cuts" you are referring to? How many people were cut?

I suspect when it comes to getting unemployment you will have to run out of the # of weeks severance you are collecting. The severance is based on a specific # of weeks that you qualify for based on your years of service etc. So, if you get 20 weeks of severance, you will probably be eligible for unemployment after that 20 weeks. Of course all states are different. Please answer question above. Thanks.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your severance should not interfer with unemployment. You can sign up following te end of warn period

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing how all the government haters on this message board now expect the government to step right in and help them out after they've been laid off by the private enterprise system they idolize. What a bunch of h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e-s (but what would you expect from Conservatives?).

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was "approved" for Employment Insurance or Unemployment the week of March 12th. Two weeks later a call from the state's local career center requesting details about severance package. A week later, I received a denial letter with information about appeal options. Any advice for this conservative that has paid a bunch over the past 25 years in income, state & federal taxes?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone been successful in receiving unemployment for this round?

Which state are you in? I have a friend that won an appeal in FL. They were with another big pharma company and had a one year severance. They stressed that it was a one time severance pay and they used it to pay bills.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No concern about they're bank account being checked by dept of labor?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. They really can't check your account to determine if you have enough to not qualify for benefits. That's not a criteria. You could have a million in the bank, and qualify for benefits. They do look at your severance payout and demand you have to go on that. But it has been argued against and won.