BM done!

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out with it. Someone knows something.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's about time they fired him! Talked a good game, but was as dumb as they come. No business savvy, integrity, or experience finally caught up to him. This is just the beginning. All the good old boys better start looking over their shoulders now. Sales will no longer bully this company the way they have for the last 15 years. Good riddance bucket head!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously, it was not his decision to leave. If they can let go of Billy Boy, they can get rid of anyone.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously this person works in another department and has no clue who Bill was or the culture he built. I don't know many companies where the VP of Sales spends much time with the field let alone knows people on a first name basis. It would be easy for me to point out the obvious...we're a sales and marketing company who actually sells things for profit, sales makes up about 70% of the organization,and the above poster just made a nice bonus based on the fact that we finished 105% above plan. Being forced ranked, even those in sales who grew business didn't even come close to target. Despite this, the sales force recognizes and appreciates we can't do it alone. We need the other departments so have enough respect to say you need folks like Bill.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not the best time to pay homage to the main reason we are currently in such a sad state of affairs at this company. Yes, frequent field visits, but coincidentally they involved a round of golf at a top tier country club or POA resort (probably with you kissing his ass & caddying for him). Check his expense report.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As one of his fellow Sales "leaders" you should understand why we finished at 105% above plan. Our continued irresponsible double digit price increases, managed care coverage (believe it, or not, after our insane access rebates and harsh reality that we are not skilled enough to sell without reams of copay cards or 2nd tier access), and the fact that our own DSI generic company can't figure out how to manufacture valsartan has saved our sorry asses in the short term. Net (that's after rebates & A&P [advertising & promotion...that's us!] flat sales are simply not sustainable in a legitimate pharmaceutical company. Face it! We in the field have sold nothing and have made no significant impact under Bully. We need someone who can actually lead us into the 21st century. Right now, we are 14 years behind.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Lots of "Bully's" boys updating their resumes this week. Bully Mclane, Bully Pruitt, Bully Asburry, et al will no longer be able to strong arm this company like they have always done.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pruitt will survive.
    Asbury will not.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually know firsthand that he destroyed our corporate culture here at DSI due to the fact that he sold the entire organization on the antiquated 1990s pharma blockbuster era performance & business model you quote:

"Being forced ranked, even those in sales who grew business didn't even come close to target."

He hoodwinked our former CEO & HR into believing that a forced-ranked enterprise-wide approach where win-at-all cost deceit would ultimately replace teamwork & best practice sharing. According to the successful career he built in Sales without any experience anywhere else in the industry beyond Sales, he championed the notion that this was the most effective way for DSI to compete in our complex marketplace. Yes, competition is good to some extent, especially in Sales. But, problem is, internal backstabbing of fellow workers in the territory/district/region/department/office/cubicle next door in pursuit of that higher forced ranking has been proven to be a detriment to the long term health of any organization. Look around. It really stinks working here & I trust no one anymore. Honestly, do you? Thanks for ruining our once great DSI culture and making this such a miserable place to work. See you in the unemployment line after the next round of lay-offs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's hope so! Pruitt, at least, is a good guy and a great leader - I've been part of his region for many years and based on my observations (including a ride along) he's a straight shooter and his management team respects him. He motivates his region - I've seen it! Asbury, on the other hand, should go..... And take his wife with him. Still clueless what her job role includes.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two views to what happened. The Kool-Aid drinkers will tell you that BM was fired. An intelligent person will tell you BM left because he knows something we don't (We have one drug in our pipeline). I've had the pleasure of meeting BM, say what you want about him, but the fact is he is a very smart guy.

Unbiased view: every CEO needs a person he/she can trust. The minute this new CEO was announced, I knew that upper management was in trouble. The problem at DSI is, we have leaders using a 2006 pharma leadership approach. I have had 5 managers in 4 years and I can't tell the difference between them. Not one of them has or had an original idea (there days are numbered as well).

The good news: We no longer work for DSI, this CEO gets it! He knows that the fight is bigger than messaging and AOS. He knows that this company has to re-invent itself to survive.

The bad news: A lot of us reading this will not be part of the new company. Who ever replaces BM (it will be an outsider). Will have one job, get rid of the dinosaurs

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree with your comments. In my dealing with BM I can say the man could not be trusted. If you were one of his yes men then you had a good life and your numbers always looked good. If you were not he would put a knife in your back while smiling the whole time and your numbers would simply be manipulated down. As for his field visits, the only time he spent in the field was on a golf course. I guess your experience with him was very different than mine

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your comments along with others who responded to this entry were made without reading what was posted. Nothing was said about field rides just that he had a following. Sounds like you need to vent and I hate this if it's really true. Change brings opportunity and if you believe in DSI then you and everyone else should stand up and voice the changes they would like to see in the future instead of harping on the past.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that's true, then LC must go. His charade has gone on way too long. It's time for management to do the right thing and purge this organization of his poison.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you only knew how much this man went to bat to save you worthless SOB's. There would be no overhires if it weren't for Bill. You'd all be on the street. Stop your bitching and go out and work for a change.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ken is cleaning house. Greg should be next...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pruitt will stay. Clean house in the East and start with the good 'ole boys network. Fat lip Branson needs to go, which would send a message that Dsi does not tolerate bullying at the managerial level.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Greg proxied as Pres until Ken was hired so I sincerely doubt he'll be going anywhere. Get rid of the lame ass legal department that's spearheaded by Bleifer -he's one of the biggest jerk offs in that office.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct. Add Coppa and Branson to the list of fatalities. Boys get ready because the karma bus has a new driver and the bully brothers will get their due.