Good place to work?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 5:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello. I'm in the process of applying for a sales rep job at Daiichi, so I thought I'd ask those who currently work there for your thoughts. Sooooo, is Daiichi a good place to work? Good product line? Good pipeline? Fair treatment? Adequate pay / bonus / benefits? Chance for advancement? ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good good, all good. Way good good.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No pipeline, Horrible bonus structure and managers with very little experience, cmon over !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this. No pipeline and the bonus structure is impossible to figure out, not that it matters because it changes routinely. Management is also very weak.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't exactly seem as though there's a consensus of opinion. I guess it depends on which office, which manager, which territory, etc.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is what you need to know THE FACTS:

1 Welchol goes generic in less than 6 months
    2 Benicar is good for another year and half, great drug, 6 generic competitors
    3 Brand new CEO, and VP of Sales (time will tell)
    4. 1 drug pending approval
    5. 4 straight layoffs in the past 4 years.
    6. It all depends on your manager if they are a micro manger or not?

That should be enough info to make a wise decision, let me know if I forgot anything!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot to add good good, all good!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know how you micro-chip your dog in case it gets lost? That is exactly what you will be at DSI. I left after 6 months of coming from a real sales job. My manger use to follow me around during the day in different cars. He then studied my I-Pad activity. If you enjoy being micro-managed and an upscale UPS lunch/delivery driver, then I say this job is for you. Plus, the severe ass kissing at the pointless POA's will make you sick! This company and industry is the worse career move I ever made. However, if you are 22 with a BA or BS and want a 50-60K base salary and free generic car, this job is for you. I HATED THIS JOB WITH A PASSION!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good place. Somewhat dependent where your located. Base. 55-65 . Planned bonus of $18k. But could be $0 or could be as much as $85k if your the #1 rep all year. A lot are not sure of where the company is going because of changes, ex...new leadership, new products, old products becoming generic. But if your positive the outlook looks good. You'll find a lot of negative people on here, so only take bits and peices. Yes there have been layoffs, but they are not as big as others in out industry and honestly it's part if working In this industry. You make that choice when you become a pharma rep.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's fine. The pay is decent; the benefits are good; the work is easy and the lifestyle is good. The criticisms some others posted are mostly true, but the same could be said for every other similar company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bonus structure changes just about every quarter and as stated previously, not reps nor management can seem to undertsand how we really get paid. Rankings are also seemingly subjective because we are force-ranked nationwide, but no longer receive weekly data on territory standings, only data on our district showing our growth. Very frusterating. It is an easy job but if youre looking for a career that actually requires you to use your brain every day, this is not the job for you. Also, management is weak; highly subjective in coaching reports and from my experience not qualified to "lead".

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liked.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incompetent management. Morale is bad. D-

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont worry, if you are the specialty rep in Alabama, you can always come back if you leave.