Vaccine openings posted on 6/9/14

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Peds yell because they have no choice and have to vaccinate. Adults have flexibility. If I don't get my flu shot he's not chasing me down. Same with shingles, pneumo, etc. If I don't get it no skin off his back. Unless they tie my vaccination to a quality initiative he will continue to not care. Sad but true.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spot-on.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you are sole source you can do whatever you want....peds have NO CHOICE but to buy. Pfizer(or Wyeth before them) can give two sh*ts about the Pediatricians, you, or the kids for that matter. What's the rational for raising prices---increase in costs (salaries/bonus, manufacturing, etc), and of course the primary reason....profits and returning it to the stockholders. Unfortunately the reps are put in the unenviable task of being the bearer of the bad news. The prices for these vaccines are ridiculous (as they are for the pills we peddle).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the highest salary they will pay?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are PHR jobs. I was a specialty rep but fit in the PHR range so I just transferred over. I know some that had salary reduced. Same happens in PC.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am up for final interviews next week. I am cluster 1 and think Vaccines is a better place and people seem happy. I did talk to my kids' ped about it. He does really like the current rep but can't stand Pfizer. Blames us for "outrageous" prices and lack of concern for his practice. I hope I get the job, I think.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does he give a rat's ass about the price? The insurance company pays for it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This response is like mine when the Vaccines reps told me about price increase. I did not understand buy and bill selling either. It would be easier if we could actually talk to docs about how to manage their business and billing, but not allowed by legal.

Docs have to buy the vaccine, store it, administer it and keep the records. It is part of their business practice. Try to imagine if docs had to buy samples to write a Rx, then it should make more sense to people never outside of PC.

10. #150 Anonymous, Aug 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2017 at 12:56 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I posted this and am a retired vaccine rep. This happens every year and any office manager worth their salt knows how to manage it. We always updated them on which companies were updated with the new price and told them what it was because if they don't BILL the new price, they get PAID the old price. It's much ado about nothing. Being a doctor is boring and they just need something to bitch about sometimes.