Drinking Pfizer Kool Aid past age 40

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THis is an ntagonizer dude. Why bother?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still have to laugh at the people past 40 that still love Pfizer, even after the layoffs and terrible micro management....

They are truly weird people...

And generally suck at life and selling.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said 'selling' , that made me shoot my milk out thru my nose!! That's funny! stop it! I mean, I'll probably shat in my pants if I hear another pharma rep utter the word selling..oh gosh, nearly soiled myself when I just typed that..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are just hanging on.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad note.

So much to do in life...yet just to hang on is sad.

Reach out and find something you enjoy, and truly see a future.

That future is NOT in pharma!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not saying pharma's a bad gig, but face it after a few years in, everybody plateaus out..maybe a few up or down years..moving up to corporate or DM?- good for you..but still schlepping a bag after 6-7 plus years?

What kinda of story are you gonna have to spin to get past the recruiter (I mean, you been doing the same thing, same responsibility, basically same pay with few bumps)..not impossible but look at it from hiring perspective. If you like it stay but why not put yourself out there and see what happens sooner than later?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do not understand the device world. One never goes hungry if they have reputable lines or are a direct rep with a reputable company. Commissions off every sale. Opportunity to make over 200k.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure. Its b.s..because it a terrible way through life, calling on stupid surgeons and administrators...

It is what it is.

Still think you are better off having your own business than working for a med device and ripping off your customers with overpriced contracts and other crap...

Hard to do it when you see the con game clearly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are absolutely Right! The only thing that sells products today are the TV ads that yes, even Drs watch. No need for expensive sales forces who do little to drive prescriptions. Just beef up ads and hire contract pharma sales people to drop samples or let Drs order off an app.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see how you feel when you are laid off. At your age, only Publici, Inventiv or Quintiles will hire you at 65k. Save up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. If you market yourself property and network, you will be fine.

As you get older, you should have more confidence and demonstrate that. Sales is still not an easy job, if you are a top performer.

Today, I see lots of people making good money hiding in a POD and thinking they are good in sales, because they play office politics good and get 10 signatures a day.

A great salesperson doesn't care, because at the end of the day, they could always sell insurance or real estate and still make good money...

the only smart aspect of your post is that saving is a good idea. it always is. cheers!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This would be funny if it wasn't so sadly untrue. I've been here for 15 years now. I lost a lot of counterparts through ATS, FFO, and the other acronyms that so badly disguised the paring down of the field force. What does "you will be fine" mean, exactly? Who besides the contract sales companies and very small pharma hires us and offers a similar pay package? One of my ex-bosses is over at Publicis, and says that it looks like Pfizer Jr over there. And she didn't mean that as a compliment!

Most of my friends and competitors that left this industry had a tough go at it AND had to settle for far less money.

I'm glad that I got into buying rental properties when I was single. At least they're bringing me enough monthly cash now (finally!) so that I can afford to take a leap of faith and buy a franchise or start my own business.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I meant is that if you are good at selling, you will be fine being successful at other industries...

there are several opportunities to make similiar money with other companies. Pharma. is not as good as everyone makes it out to be anyway, because of the lack of stability and micromanagment.

Key to it all is understanding your world and the opportunities available, and to continue to have confidence in your abilities to get the job done, despite all the bad things (downsizings, etc) that may have happened in your career.

good luck and always know that God will provide for you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I smirk when I read our reps say that they're being micromanaged. Come late 2015, a boatload of us will find out what real micromanagement is, if we're fortunate enough to get hired.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The majority of health care in the USA is trumped up. Many cons in this entire industry. I just interviewed for a device job and some of their strategies are downright criminal.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely. If you look at the service contracts these big companies charge, it proves they are stealing...

shoot, they will charge 40k on a machine and never touch it for anything, all year.

And you want to rep that? Wow, talk about selling your soul for a few bucks. No thank you.

FU CORPORATE AMERICA!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh great and holy one! So above that whole "profit motive" banality...

It's a (somewhat) free market. If someone is seriously ripping someone else off, the market will right that wrong eventually (by charging $39k or $20k or $500, whatever).

Take your pristine soul over to North Korea where you can be free of the scourge of corporatism! Say hi to Dennis Rodman while you're chilling with Dear Leader.