How a secret sex tape plunged British drugs giant Glaxo into a £90million probe

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are just not that bright, are you. It is no wonder sales are struggling when we have people like you in this company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Brit blogger poses the very same question.

He goes back to a 2012 presentation given by Humphrey and asks whether GSK hired him to investigate Shi or to help keep their Chinese fraud in-house.

"Did Glaxo really hire Humphrey to investigate Vivian Shi or were their motives to try and seek help in keeping the allegations from going public?"

http://fiddaman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/peter-humphreys-2012-presentation.html

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SirAndie was too busy watching the evidence!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still Work for GSK for 28 years, rotton from the top down. I have no loyalty for this sinking ship. Need to clean house including BOD.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was the chick hot???

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She had flushes... and Paxil was recommended...off-label of course.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is just another example of GSK's complete inability act ethically on any level. It is just one embarrassing scandal after another for this management team. There have been so many now... it is hardly possible to keep track of them all.

The bottom line is that if this back alley dealing dirt bag would have kept his dick in his pants like a moral married man- there would be no way to catch him on camera taking ol' one eye to the optometrist in China.

Sometimes karma shows up in the oddest ways.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you won't mind having a hidden camera installed in your private residence to see what you are doing on your own personal time. In fact, you probably won't mind if someone follows you around all day to watch you work a short day, hanging out at the mall, etc.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point.

I wonder if the woman Reilly was with (in the video) was ever investigated?

If Reilly was screwing this chick then he may have let slip some of the secrets.

Pillow talk etc.

Here we have a guy who was, apparently, funneling money through fake travel firms, it's possible he pocketed some of the money himself, yes?

Maybe the woman in the sex tape was Vivian Shi, the same woman Glaxo hired Peter Humphrey to investigate?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Woman in the video was reported to be a secretary at one of the travel agencies. No kidding.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where you hear this?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Malcolm Moore article in The Telegraph from Tuesday 8. July. Google it.

"Then there was the email to the board which had attached a copy of a sex tape featuring Mark Reilly, GSK's China boss, and his Chinese girlfriend, a secretary at a travel agency used by the company, shot inside his home."

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to the Financial Times bribery was being committed in China as early as 2001.

Two people familiar with the 2001 scandal said GSK found that staff were bribing Chinese officials and taking kickbacks. The company acknowledged the matter for the first time to the Financial Times, but said it had dealt with the issue rigorously.

The earlier scandal came the year after GSK was formed via a merger of Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKlineBeecham. In late 2001, Paul Carter, GSK’s new China head, asked PwC to investigate after suspicions of corruption emerged, including the fact that two staff had been detained in China without him being told.

PwC confirmed the suspicions, and Mr Carter fired the Chinese head of vaccine sales in China. Mr Carter left GSK in 2005 long before the current problems emerged. He declined to comment.

Chris Baron, the general manager for the vaccines unit in 2001, denied knowledge of the bribery at the time. He was suspended and, soon after, left the company.

At the time of the 2001 incident, Sir Andrew Witty, GSK chief executive, was the company’s head of Asia-Pacific, but his responsibilities excluded China. GSK said Sir Andrew “was not involved in and was not aware of” the case at the time.

Systematic or just a coincidence?

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/d69f494e-0903-11e4-9d3c-00144feab7de.html?siteedition=uk#axzz37i2a6I2V

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
    Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
    [a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
    Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
    Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
    [aloud]
    Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course Sir Andrew was unaware and uninvolved. That's the Sergeant Schultz defense, which is at least better than the Twinkie defense.