Texas and Oklahoma: layoffs and demotions

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 14, 2007 at 9:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets start a thread keeping track of all the layoffs and demotions. This way, we can reach out to those that have been cut.

I guarantee you that those who are cut will appreciate a phone call from their friends within the company. Even if you are just a casual acquaintance, it is still a nice gesture.

Just remember, silence can be very cruel. Have a heart, and pick up the phone.

If nothing else, remind them that they can now move on with a fistful of cash! And, they don't have to worry about layoff round 2 sometime this summer!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know of one demotion that made me smile. Robert Gilbert was an MDM in Oklahoma. He was demoted to DSM.

What a fall from grace for Robert. TSR manager, MDM, and then free fall back to DSM. The basic grind starts all over again, Robert!

Not only that, Robert showed his level of class and character by displacing an existing DSM and forcing him to move! This manager has kids in school, and now they all get uprooted thanks to Robert Gilbert's classy move!

Why not just retire, Robert? You don't need to be managing people anyway!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will he go back to being called Bobby Gilbert.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rodney Hancock, DSM Dallas area. Is he still with the company? I have heard from one source that he left on his own? True? Not true?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Robert Gilbert MDM- North Texas will be a DSM
    Sandy Peters to stay as MDM

Troy Fowler MDM (RTP) stays as MDM
    Jeff Elder (MDM) moves to DSM in St. Louis
    Kim Young - DSM - displaced

Ken King MDM S. Texas - staying
    Terry Andries S.-Texas- moving to DSM

Arnold Galvan- S.Texas MDM- moving to TCR Manager
    Richard Sandell- MDM staying

Ed Drea MDM- West Texas?UT/CO/NM/AZ - staying
    Bobbie Carlson MDM- retiring

Mark Schwartz- MDM- West Texas/UT/CO/NM/AZ
    Tom Tyma - MDM- moving to a DSM position in Arizona

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was cut in Dallas? How can I reach out if I don't know? Please post.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another thread is reporting that Vanessa M. in the Dallas area is gone. She was around for about 10 years. I always thought she was a solid rep. Her customers liked her and she was stable while the rest of her pod was always turning over.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone get moved from their existing territory to another territory?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all the amarillo and lubbock reps on the PHL side kept their job and we have an opening on the Amarillo team to sell avandia, coreg and requip. A rep from Odessa will take an open position in Lubbock. Also, all the glaxo reps in Amarillo kept their job

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for posting this. I was wondering what had happened to a few of these people.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DSM in question is David Malone in OKC. Tough break for him.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you have an opening in Amarillo? Did someone leave or was that position never filled? If we just had a layoff, why is it being filled now?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former rep here. Who got let go in Oklahoma?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope Stevelyn Pickens gets cut in the June 2008 layoff. I think she treats her employees poorly and I hope she gets some payback soon!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stevelyn Pickens has basically turned over her entire pod since the time of this post.

She is a Micro manager and major loser! Anyone who knew some of those Dallas reps realized they were good people.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Direct quote from her, which is her management style: "You can never micro manage enough."

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rodney was downsized last November 2007. He is now a DSM for Schering, and has the Dallas district.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From elsewhere in the country, but wondered what happend to Kim Young. Always thought she was good manager. Did she take another position with the company?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know if Rodney survived the Schering layoff?