Director/Managers Warning

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 2, 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just received my first "Threat" notice. My title is Director. What happened is my COT's did not match that of my Rep's test scores. I now know what I must do in order to keep my job. This is so unfair. I may go before the reps that I manage. I know several Director's and Manager's that this has happened to as well. We all are aware that there is a lot of cheating and lying going on with regard to the testing and simulations. How Terrible GSK has become.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lawyer up. I'm seriously considering it and know many others that are doing the same. PF is plain evil and forcing the FLL's to do bad things or u risk being fired. Just plain wrong. Sorry this happened to you. We all must stand up against the tyranny.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard many managers have to add checks to cots for underperforming minority reps. Some refused and were packaged out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the exact same thing multiple times. How can they get away with this? I feel disadvantaged and discriminated against. F this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you explain this further? What was the threat..and what were you told to do? If you don't adjust what did they say would happen? Curious because my FVP has a called with me next week about my FCRs and my diversity employee.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Diversity candidate had 3 non proficients and FVP asked manager to check extra boxes to lower non proficients to just 2. Heard the managers that say no are being forced out. Some system. Makes me want to vomit.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contact the Department of Justice. A simple phone call is all it takes. It is anonymous and will kick GSK square in the cojones! Its all they understand. Reason and common sense does not resonate. Lawyers and government penalties, that's what get their attention. Remember the 60 minute piece on GSK manufacturing in Puerto Rico? That employee went to management SEVERAL times. Explained that quality was for $hit. GSK did...NOTHNG! Then the whistle was blown and the company paid that employee close to 100 million dollars. Let me tell ya, things shaped up real quick. The fact that patients who should have received Paxil and got Avandia instead didn't matter the company at all. It was the financial impact that made them change. Sad but true.

CALL THE DOJ! LET THEM KNOW ABOUT PF, COTs, SIMULATIONS...AND NOW...SLAES PERFORMANCE! ITS ON THE VISUAL CONTROLS. A TOTAL VIOLATION OF OUR CIA. BLOW THE WHISTLE!! PLEASE! FOR ALL OF US!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The accounts of this are mixed. Some say the FLL has been discriminating against minority reps becUse their cots do not match up with their (unknown) test scores and simulations. FLL put on plan. Others have been a discussion with RVP or HR that they need to add more checks or make the rating higher. If they refuse because they did not witness and document that level of behavior they are severed. Rumor is the severance package may actually be better than normal in this type of situation.

Here are some logical questions. How high does this go? Something like this probsbly would not just come from a RVP on the own. HR would have to be involved right? Why would minorities need the help? Is the whole thing discriminatory against them? Is this an attempt to cover up the fact that minority reps aren't doing well with this system and they are worried about lawsuits? How about making managers feel like they have to rate people differently based on race? There seems to be at least a dozen different managers that this has happened to. More are said to have gone along with the request than have not. Sounds like someone is trying to hammer a square peg into a round home. It just doesn't work and if it does there are splinters everywhere. It may take several unsuccessful product launches before someone high up at the top takes a bigger look into why situations like this are said to be happening.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bigger issue for me as a FLL is that if I give my team credit for behaviors that I observe and there is no no bell shaped curve I am at risk. The SLL also has to bell shape curve his/her FLL's.
    If you are on a good team someone has to be on the bottom. FLL's with tenured teams are really in a bad place. FLL's are now spending a great deal of time ensuring differentiation. Many have spreadsheets and formulas. Now how is this helping GSK grow their new products? Come on Business Improvement Team, conduct a root cause analysis of what's happening in the field and the reasons for lack of products launching well. My team is hitting all of our lead measures and KPI's. So where's the problem? Could it be that our senior leadership team is so out of touch or either afraid to raise their hand. Everyone with GSK should be concerned. This craziness impacts all of us. If our products don't do well none of us will have a job. I give DC a red. Let's do a COT on her. I'd give her very few foundational marks and high marks for trying something different but low marks for implementing changes when the plan has truly failed. Patient First as it is now is a failure!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree with all the comments. I too am a Director and received a coaching letter last week regarding my 2013 2nd Semester COT's. This is so lame! I will not change any marks. How can I when I have witnessed behaviors several times of my team members. Okay offer me a MRA along with a nice severance.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either way any RMA would probably be pretty sweet to keep you from going to Dateline or 60 minutes or even a publication like Pharmalot. People here are saying that management is doing this to avoid lawsuits. I guess lawsuits from potentially a few dozen managers or directors is less than a whole class action suit from a minority group. Potentially a few million $$ is less than a few hundred million $$. So I guess it makes sense. The system must be seriously flawed if so many managers are being asked to lie and change cot ratings for minorities as the previous posts here suggest. Imagine if a director has a recording of this type of alleged conversation. Some states do not have laws against recording someone without their knowledge. Other states it could be a felony. Legal advice is never a bad thing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is 100% accurate. Many calls this week from RVP's to managers saying they are rating minorities too low on cot's. HR calls the RVP to talk to managers. HR looks at the COT's posted by managers. Any minorities with low ratings are discussed with RVP and then the manager. Reverse discrimination at its best. This has been going on for over a year now. If I get a call, I will certainly record the conversation. This company is out of control. Thank you DC, we are so proud!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Am curious as to what exactly it is that you must do now? I know of several reps in this situation where their cots were not in line with the tests but I don't believe cheating and lying is the reason for the discrepancy. Many reps including myself have very low access to demonstrate the cot behaviors but it doesn't mean we don't have ce/ba/sk skills and knowledge. This is a perfect example of the inconsistencies and subjectivity with patient first.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retired 6 years ago as rep [ best job with GSK THEN ] ....... don't you-all [ yep, RTP area ] know that as long as we are under a watchful eye from Uncle Sam, that all of this is just a game....just a stupid game they are playing until things get better !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know if this is the right forum to mention this, but I will throw it out there. I will start by saying that I am no longer GSK but still talk to a few friends who are still with company. I know there are tests that need to be taken every month/quarter to keep ones job. I was wondering what impact (if any) this system could have on people who may have certain learning/reading disabilities (dyslexia). If the company offers other methods of evaluation, or they make accommodations for people who may have such challenges- then fine. But, if they do not, it seems to me that they may be opening themselves up to a potential lawsuit by people who do in fact have such challenges and may lose their jobs because of low test scores. I don't mean to stir things up, but it does seem like GSK has made some bad choices about how they evaluate and compensate employees and I feel bad for the pressure I see some of my friends experiencing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worked with a rep this week who has really made vast improvements in demonstration of their behaviors. This is my very real dilemma, if I give him credit it will throw off my differentiation. I was so impressed with the effort and growth. This system is so wrong. Let's bell shape curve DC and her team. I give a not proficient. Unfortunately I will get a not proficient for doing the right thing. DC come out here and complete a COT. As a FLL I only have one COT on me and almost zero opportunity to demonstrate.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real question is the rep male or female? White?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a minority and had been with GSK for 8 years. I just received my severance package and it was the exact same as a non-minority co-worker that was let go the same way 6 months ago.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's one thing if you're displaying sales data for business review. Sales data can be used to diagnose the business performance of a territory. That's fine.

The violation, if this is what you mean, is making the connection from sales data to incentive comp. If managers are calling out sales performance and using that as a criteria for performance rating. Yes, that would be a violation.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not the size of the package that people are exposing here.