How is the culture in Vaccines?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2014 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is GSK to work for in the Vaccines division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The place to be if you can get in.

Good, solid portfolio with more coming.

Probably the best combination of senior leadership I have seen in some time.

Clear direction.

Of course one's experience may differ depending upon your RSD, matrix partners, territory performance, etc.

Bring on the mud ...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cake job. Easy access with most customers but same old GSK bs. Much more palatable than pharma.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great if you're in the Field and sucks if you're inside.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do not put "culture"in vaccines! But if we made yogurt it would be with "culture"! Also heard that there is "culture" in Southern California!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the division to be in at GSK now. We do not have all the BS to put up with. Our sales were up 25% first quarter. I realize that Vaccines does not pay the light bills. I have a lot of time at home and make calls via calls and the computer. The job consists of total health care system. I do not have the trackers that other divisions have. Not a bad part time job at all. I still enjoy the job!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have two cultures in the Vaccines Division. The former Merck people are the very smooth "talkers" who are fantastic at bs'ing and making themselves look good. They don't work. They just steal ideas and credit from the "do-ers" who are GSK people.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccines has fallen victim to the same stuff Pharma has.....Cots, simulations and assessments without transparency. We have hired diversity candidates for important positions when they clearly were not the most qualified. Most people I know would agree....that diversity is fine.....but lets put the right person in the right job. The bell curve rating for merit is a joke. How can they expect to force rank a team with a "N" of 6 or 9? We have some really good Directors but upper management and marketing are automatons! If anyone questions a decision, they are told they are being defensive. It is still a great division to work in if you can block out the junk management that is forced on you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great division to be in. Wonderful part-time hours. I do a lot of calling to clinics with very little time in the field. This type of sale is not the usual, this involves calling on the total health care system. I truly enjoy the job. I came from general pharma within GSK and this is the place to be. I enjoy most of my day off.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a fantastic place to hide out if you don't want to work.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hearing anything as to what will become of Novartis Vaccines once the deal is closed? My guess is layoffs 3 months after close for the Novartis folks, but wonder if anything is being rumored

Where is everything based? Is it mostly Belgium/UK? Or is there anything centrally located within the US?

Thanks

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Novartis folks by and large are goners. If you are Novartis, you probably already suspected that. A few will be incentivized to stick around long enough for continuity and transition, but that's it. If I am a Novartis person, I'd be getting out ASAP. But that's just me.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccines is a great place to be if you like to bring value. Customers want to see you and it is not uncommon to have 60-90 minute calls outside of an in-service. You constantly have new information to provide and the staff looks to you for help.
    That being said, the noncustomer stuff is still the same with simulations, assessments and COTs. As said earlier it all depends on your direct leadership. The S/E sector is run by A.G. and his sidekick J.P. Worst leadership I have ever seen at GSK. They are constantly tripping over their egos. Just keep telling them how great they are and you will go far.
    Biggest challenge in vaccines is having to constantly try to explain to customers that we "value" them while we are out of supply and once again screwed them in their flu prebook order. We just keep jacking up our adult prices, screw up the forecasting and then tell our customers how great we are compared to Merck and Sanofi.
    Aside from my complaints, it is one of the best places to be in GSK and in pharma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really sales at this point - here is our products and this is the price. Same challenges here as with the rest of GSK as stated above. Much easier than dealing with lead measure crap our respiratory counterparts are going through with Breo and Anoro. Not paid on sales any longer like the rest of GSK and probably the easiest job left at GSK or in pharma. We are a part of PPIC so JB the same guy that has placed GSK $1B behind plan 6 months into 2014 is over our business unit - prices will continue to go up and restrictions on spending will be necessary to make up for the failures on the pharma side.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is going to take at least 1-2 quarters before they lay the axe after it closes.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say it closes by year end, then the all who are going are gone by 01 April.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That soon? Really? I would have thought April-June close. Are they that close that it could be end of the year?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors on the NVx thread that deal may close around Thanksgiving to Christmas timeframe

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

easiest job with gsk brings out in-house personnel.................

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can't meet customer demand year after year. Tension from PF this fall will make everyone feel better.