Insider Info-Lay-Off's 4th Qtr

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wanted to let you know that lay-offs will come 4th quarter. GSK cannot continue to employ all the sales reps when 2nd quarter results come out. The numbers are being worked on and looked at seriously. Wanted to give everyone a heads up and this will a have major impact on many people.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting, when my Director worked with me last week she mentioned to me that lay offs would be coming.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sinking ship

Sad to watch. Clueless management. Diversity initiatives pushing unprepared people into management roles. Process dominated culture destroying the energy of the sales force. It's like working with a bunch of robots. Panic setting in as these launches go nowhere. Never seen an organization so lost.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recommend waiting a little longer before responding to your own posts.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see you denying it there fatboy. I just looked at the national Breo numbers on dashboard. Total disaster. Anoro awful also but too early to tell. Breo is Dead. Not good when It's supposed to replace an $8 billion product.

Your empire is crumbling. Going to be funny watching you scramble around on here trying to keep this board quiet as the chips fall.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that GSK sales down ONE BILLON PLUS after 2nd quarter. So I do believe that the OP must have some validity.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA HA HA HA!! Another layoff prediction. So how about the CVMU division? They are about to launch a new drug in August. Company just spent a ton of money on Medical Grade Refrigerators, car coolers, etc. Anoro and Breo have just begun to pick up managed care coverage. Layoffs are a possibility but not for a couple of years. Even then they will cut LongTerm Care Division, Hospital Division, and ICT/IDN teams.

Thanks for the memo but layoffs are not coming this year. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, Lay-Offs are going to happen. I work in RTP!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You work in RTP? So that means you have inside info on the sales force being laid off? Can you expand on that? What percentage? Will they cut specific divisions? Whats the criteria? What is the target date for the layoffs?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CVMU would be the first to go division. What will they have to sell? One drug!!! See Ya!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in an IDN and have very little to no access. I am concerned based on this post that my division may be the first to be let go. Please advise if you have any information.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CVMU does have only one drug. But it's in a massive market. If the drug gains 10% its a keeper. I feel that respiratory has way too many people. Two reps per territory with both products performing poorly. Generic Advair on the way. No one is safe!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do have a need for more landscapers in the Raleigh area.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if I will get a serious response. To the original post: If you are telling the truth, can you provide details? Percentage of cuts? Divisions? An why would they downsize while we are in the middle of launching Anoro, Breo, and Tanzeum? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense...but with the Medical Center Reps, Lont Term Care and IDN divisions, I can see why that we are still heavy with sales reps. Details please. It's a tough job market out there and I / we want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for your insight.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Details forthcoming from managers Friday.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK wants you to sell but we can't call it sales and we can't pay you for sales either - patient first philosophy imploded 3 years ago but leadership is just now catching on. It is very obvious re-org is needed and most likely in process - the true problem is leadership will continue to add processes and obstacles to the commercialization of our products. The best company from a reward perspective to work for 7-8 years ago is now at the bottom. Go elsewhere if you can get out!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Details forthcoming Friday? Right before everyone gets on a plane to attend the Tanzeum Launch in Orlando? Not too sure about that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MANAGERS will be informed of the downsizing this Friday.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when will reps be made aware? At the product launch?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corp. account managers just downsized by 10% on reps and managers on July 1, through attrition. GSK did not fill the 5 open spots and dissolved them.