Everyone ready to blow up some cats?????

Discussion in 'Novartis Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Parastar Plus, you too can kill a cat in less that 1 hour...amazing!!!

Sergeants + Novartis...a winning combination

Can't wait to sell this crap, ugh

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would be the difference in this and advantix, vectra, certifect? I'm confused i thought this was a dog product?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right, they're all dog products. But, check out the active ingredient in Parastar Plus...cyphenothrin. Google it. Same crap that's in your over the counter grocery store garbage (aka Sergeant's Gold). Don't dare get that stuff near a cat. And I quote directly from the Parastar Plus label, "May be toxic and potentially fatal if applied to or ingested by cats." Oh, and let's not forget, "Overdosing your animal can result in serious illness and even death." Not to be outdone by, "Separate the treated dog from all other dogs and cats for 24 hours after application. Cats and dogs that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with treated dog may be at risk for serious harmful effects."

Just a freindly PSA....the more you know.

This is NOT the direction our company should go!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, if you are a novartis rep you should just quit and go work somewhere else if you hate their drugs so much. I can't believe novartis would put a bad drug and not do their homework.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe it. I agree, it's sad and I hate it. But, desperation unfortunately makes people do drastic things. Coming from the inside...

If you don't believe me, do your own homework....it's all there

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I'm not mistaken, it was a product with amitraz that was recently removed from the market. If you are actually a Novartis employee and are so unhappy with the Novartis strategy, you should probably find a new job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So i did some homework, their label is no worse than frontline, advantix, vectra, certifect, promeris, advantage multi. So whats the big deal? It's a topical just like the others, it kills ticks and fleas and if you use it wrong it "may" cause side effects. Welcome to animal health drugs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely wrong. The label is MUCH more damming than ANY of those listed above. Well, maybe with the exception of the permethrins (Advantix and Vectra), but then again, they're permethrins. Refer back to the earlier post above. Do you see that verbiage on ANY of those you listed? If so, which ones? Let's get specific, let's get real...bring it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Multi has a black box warning. Vectra/ advantix are the same class. Certifect has the same active as promeris. At least parastar plus can kill ticks in an hour when needed on dogs. I guess if you love and own a cat don't buy it. Pretty simple, there are millions of dog only households that could use it with no worries.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, Certifect has 60% less "active ingredient" than Promeris...completely different product. Did you know Certifect is labeled and safe for pregnant/breeding dogs? Can you say that about any of the other products listed (other than Frontline)? Nice try though, next!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So certifect will get pulled from the market in "60" percent of the time promeris did. I guess i'm more worried about the human issues with amitraz than the cat worries of parastar plus. Call me crazy.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, that would be pretty funny if it actually made sense

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool story bro

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are saying human issues with amitraz or human issues with the amount of amitraz in Certifect. Big difference. There is such a low level of amitraz in Certifect that this is a non-issue. Nice try though. I would be worrying about the amount of adverse events with Parastar Plus if you want to worry about something.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

back to the top

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I were a Merial rep, I would be posting here as well trying to discourage or scare us in some way. The OTC Saergents products with cyphenothrin have concentrations of greater than 40%. We have less than 6%. I could only imagine how they must have felt when we launched a product shortly after them that costs 20% below theirs, has way better tick data, and equal flea efficacy. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha, wake up, there's a reason it costs 20% less. And if you want to try and pull this "better tick data" crap, let's do this....let's compare those labels. How about we start at safety. I mean, what does it matter if you're killing the animal you're trying to protect? Go ahead, try to sell this garbage in my clinics...good luck, Sergeant's. Oops, I mean, Novartis.

You know, the sad thing here is, there was a time when Novartis was actually a well-respected honorable company. Now, you’ve been reduced to just another wannabe "me too" peddling goods you don’t even manufacture. Are you happy and content with that?

But then again, this will all just make my job a lot easier at the end of the day. So actually, go ahead, peddle the crap. The results will speak for themselves. It’s unfortunate though that innocent animals will suffer because of the Novartis desperation.

I mean really, Sergeant’s? Bwahahahahahaha…Novartis, the laughing stock of the industry.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis pharma has sandoz. This move on the AH side is not shocking or unwise. Particularly good timing with the bad economy. I don't know why anyone would pay a premium for Certifect.
    Laughing stock of the industry? Results speaking for themselves? OK Merial you could only manage 1% for the QTR. Now you're suing Bayer to see if you can gain more share points. When you have noone left to sue and are out of failed M&A attempts what will you be left with? You ridicule others, because you know sanofi is going to clean your house after your long slide to the bottom of the industry. You can't think Merial is known for R&D, innovation...if so, you should sell whatever you're smokin. And people have been "Mercked" by Merial for years, they are disloyal to the point of disliking Merial for the years of mistreatment. As soon as they can move their business elsewhere they do.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK...so let me get this straight.....You are bashing them from putting a warning on a label that the others should also have? That's ridiculous. Not to mention, should we stop drinking water because excessive amounts can cause death? Really?