THE MOST NEGATIVE COMMENTS OF ANY COMPANY!

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only way they will have 5MM Z-threads available is by opening complete trocars with obturator for all of their 5mm sticks. At least right now the company is saying 5mm Z-thread sleeves will be gone March 1st. OK, opening three of our trocars might still be cheaper than one Ethicon and two sleeves, but it's not the most cost effective thing for the hospital, so from the customer's perspective we are forcing something on them that they didn't initiate, don't want and will cost them more money.

So I guess technically you may not have said a lie. You can still have 5mm Z-threads but it will cost you twice as much - leaving that part of the picture out seems like a cheap, deceptive sales tactic to me.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well played sir, well played. My purchasing mgr caught on to this scheme real fast and was livid. He mentioned the only reason he fought for AM to be brought in was on price (not exactly the best reason to bring a product into the hospital, but the dr's get what is going on with healthcare these days), and he already heard rumblings from certain surgeons that said the hospital should "reach out" to Ethicon to see what they would be willing to do on the price of their trocars. Should be interesting to see how this affects my business in the next 6 months. I can assure any upper mgmt reading this board that I will be gone in a flash if i lose 2 or more of my accounts as a result of this not very intelligent business decision. I understand AM needs to try and protect their business, but I can't say I agree with this idea.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why business decisions aren't put out to a general vote. They're made by the executive team. If it works, great. If not, it's on them. You don't like to don't agree, move on. Simple as that.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people might actually like to have a career and stick it out, but questionable business decisions from upper mgmnt make that a little harder don't ya think?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Who determines its questionably? You? Next guy might not agree with you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This chain of threads is dead on. Applied Medical: ruining healthcare and peoples lives (patients and employees) since 1990 something

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well shit, if you say so then it must be true!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is true fuck face

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, now there's some passion. You're right. I'm convinced now.