Territory manager questions???

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Experienced rep interviewing...was told by recruiter that can possibly get hired in at higher level and receive higher base. Don't need troll responses. Just want realistic responses. Are the goals realistic and what kind of pay are we seriously talking about? How is Applied situated on the top GPO contracts? Thank you for serious responses.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Applied...If you are unemployed and living in your car or a homeless shelter than take the job. Otherwise move on. The company is notorious for treating reps poorly. And please never trust a recruiter.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust a recruiter as much as you trust a poster on an anonymous message board.

This site won't give you a whole picture of things. What you get here is mostly bitching and complaining. The common response is to move on. Move on to where? Find me another company that does everything perfect and give's a rep everything they want. Not going to happen. The job is what you make of it. If you sit back and coast, it's not for you. Go find a government job. If you want to work hard at it, then you'll do well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious answer.....They are aligned with every major GPO...Base pay in the 48-52k range...slight increase if many years of surgical OR sales....Average qtrly commission/bonus 12-13K.....Goals can be achieved depending on multiple variables like any sales position ie. current territiory sales trends, lost business, realistic forecast from the District Mgr...no sales position is ideal and neither is this one but hard work produces results...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's another realistic answer to go off what the previous poster said: if you are coming in with prior med sales experience, you can expect to be hired in the 50-58k range. Now here's where it gets tricky: some reps are doing really well and doing the bare minimum to get by (15-25k per qtr), some reps are struggling to get a commission check, although most are getting at least $5k per qtr. every territory is completely different so make sure you ask alot of wuestions on the interview. understand management reads this board almost daily. expenses are included, its fair, but dont expect to ever work past 5:00 because you cant do lunches or dinners. We own the trocar/Gel market and since we get paid on growth, its tough to grow a business when you own that market and have all the business in any given hospital.do the math, best of luck, and God's speed

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The advice that tells you to run is dead on. I worked here, and from the get-go (i.e. training) knew that this company sucked. Not wanting to job hop I stuck around for three years (terrible decision, wasted time). It's not rocket science as to why. Starting at the top, and definitely with the upper management, it is a joke. Your manager/superior will constantly be on you, calling you, etc. Unrealistic goals based on growth in an overcrowded, who-gives-a-crap market. Believe what you want from anyone posting but I'll tell you that my former territory/region/district has had almost a 90% turnover TWICE in the time since I left- which was not all that long ago. This alone should tell you all you need to know. Best of luck and I urge you to look for better opportunities.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the target bonus? How are the benefits?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What areas of the country are having the worst turnover?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i was just contacted by a recruiter for a TM position and wanted to see if I could get some honest insight from someone currently working here who is not biased one way or the other. The recruiter was telling me around $150k at plan, but I asked 2 dr's I currently work with and a few administrative people within the OR and they all said the same thing: stay FAR FAR away. $150k at plan seems pretty enticing, but is it realistic? QOL? Just real responses please.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real answers: With surgery sales experience your base will be in the 60K range (less without experience) and I would say 12-15K a quarter is more in line. A lot depends on your specific territory and accounts past purchasing history. The only thing else I can say is the customer buys from you, so I would ask your hospital contacts more about why they tell you to stay away. Good luck either way.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol!!! 12 to 15k that is hilarious!!! Have you seen the numbers for 2013 and the first quarter of 2014. Have you noticed the value of our stock options plummeting. The leadership Ted has chosen needs to go before the company folds. DG is ruining this company!!! Wake up Said!!!