By Golly Son…Your Daddy was the best dang detail man around…I coulda been a contender

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I admit it…I was one of the dumb ones…Drank the Merck Kool Aid for too many years and stayed at the party too long…

I bled Merck Blue…(Or Green like the logo I guess.) Tried to be an all star…Went the extra mile…made the extra call…

And then the whole thing turned silly…Starbucks and Olive Garden and chasing sigs while trying to keep your dopey CTL from pushing you out…

wish I wouldn't have taken it all so damn seriously, where it ended up costing me my physical and mental health…

I really wanted to be excellent but the culture at Merck wouldn't let me…They want mediocre…they crave mediocre…

FU MERCK!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: By Golly Son…Your Daddy was the best dang detail man around…I coulda been a conte

Nice to hear from someone who thinks the very same as I. I never did relate to Merck green but give me good old MSD blue with great pride.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: By Golly Son…Your Daddy was the best dang detail man around…I coulda been a conte

Guess you know about Orlando. Finally someone suggested have demonstration time. Too bad the district managers weren't put on the hot seat. We missed them showing the way we need to detail for passing marks.

Our team has decided to tell our DM we'll be expecting him to role play next field visit!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well now, you certainly did eventually figure it out, didn't you? I think many of us feel exactly as you do. Don't be too hard on yourself; Merck really was an excellent employer many years ago.

I found my new purpose outside of Merck, although I've continued cashing Merck's paychecks:)

FU Merck

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By gosh and golly! Some of the reps who fell to the side have already been put back into place! They're filling the cracks left after this demolition...

Always thought of them as part of our cement....

Inspector says....more cracks are in need of patching!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like one FU to another. Like a little support group. How many of you exist on these boards? There is at least one. The dumb one that remains at Merck for reasons that are unclear. Then there is the one that did leave that simply can't move along with his life because he is so bitter and disgruntled. Others? The time stamps on your messages indicate that you come to these boards at all hours of the day. Either there is very little going on in your life or this is the most important thing you can do with your time. Most can take comfort that their life is not as bad as yours as your constant bellyaching about corporate betrayal smothers any other exchange of opinion. So sad, but amusing none the less. Don't ever leave these boards because this group probably accounts for half of the messages and despite much of the nonsense that you spew it remains more interesting than hearing another "news" story about Beiber or Kim K. But not by much.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of those MSD ones too and just got booted out. We should start a support group!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, if these crazy highly compensated CTLs are such "experts" in the art of selling to doctors, they should routinely be demonstrating their excellence and command at every meeting…I mean, they are the experts after all right?

what a joke…

FU MERCK!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had only one manager who demonstrated what he thought was the best way to detail customers. He has since retired. Funny but since those years not one manager has ever provided a demo of what they want, yet they kept giving thumbs down......even though I always used the successful methods of excellence provided by my retired dm...

Interesting don't you think?

Yes, I was canned.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My last manager would model (his word) what an excellent detail was like (his word again) at every field trip, with all the reps in the district, and at all the meetings, particularly when a director was visiting. Our conclusion was, and he admitted it, that he wished he could work all the territories at the same time because none of us was doing it right. I think he has a serious case of delusional self worshiping.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it for what it is, he sounds like a dunce. Imitate him and keep your job. Some of us
    never had such options but we did bust butt and we're now unemployed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is a giant corporation....leadership makes decision based on keeping the corporation humming along..making cuts is corporate leadership 101...we were hired and then trained by highly skilled professionals (actually manipulated/sold/indoctrinated on how great the company is and how important our role is) in order to be sent out into the field as gung-ho field reps...plenty of reps bought how great the products, science, training etc. = classic Kool Aid drinkers...most of us woke up and smelled the coffee...end of the day..this is a great easy job, stay to long and get the ax, well that's just par for the course...no surprise there.