Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Amedisys Complaints

I can understand the majority of the complaints about this company, but if you look at any HH in my area, Amedisys is the best. I also went through a horrific ordeal when we got a new DOO. The company I signed up with was becoming something else. "Questionable requests/activities/practices" When these concerns about the direction our office was headed was brought to the forefront, it took more time than I would have preferred, but corp. took care of it. Don't agree with everything they do but my name is not Bill Borne. Now, I love my job again. I work for Amedisys because I chose to, not because I can't find another job.

As far as the bottom line goes and all the money making.....IT'S THEIR JOB!! that is what they are paid to do. You like to be paid, right?

I also must say that patient care is EVERY employees responsibility. I am a clinician and the quality of care delivered is my responsibility, and I hope whichever state you may be in, you share the same belief. And practice in the same manner. And if you don't or you have seen practices that are "questionable" you are obligated to file a complaint, if not because you are a patient advocate then cause you are a human being.

I hope CMS is looking...I hope everyone is looking. I am sure that it is not a violation of any law to provide services at the highest level and to continue to improve the delivery of those services. Local HH agencies in my area have the docs "in there back pocket" which appears to be padded well. I am proud NOT to be a part of those practices. Merc Doc, BFL...that's why Amedisys is the best. I will hope the comparison in cost includes a trip to the hospital for the broken hip from that bad fall. Not to mention the mortality rate following a broken hip.
    If you are currently employed by them and there is something that should be better, then start the process to change it. If you are happier because you have moved on to the greener pastures that is great, good luck!!

Thanks for your time! Sorry for the book, something must have hit a nerve!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a clinician...you have no idea what a cluster the BD side of the company is like. Look at the turnover rate. Maybe where your at it's not that high, but as a company it is very high. There is a real reason for it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree with #43 poster. Big pharma is faster and more aggressive and it is dog-eat-dog!!! GPS----Hmmmm I have had that before too. It costs to pull that report on an individual---they don't usually do that unless they suspect there is a problem. If you are doing your job and going you best, there should not be a problem. I was told by a manager that if they want to get rid of you they will find something, a reason. They look at your expenses, they look at your calls per day, they look at everything. If you do your job and have open communication there should not be a reason to be micromanaged or watched. I had no problem---I always do my job. Amedisys is no different than any other company. I think you guys spend way too much time griping and you should be happy you have a job. 1 in 6 Americans are either unemployed or underemployed right now. I have friends in pharma that have been unemployed for almost 2 years. They are great reps, did great work and only lost their jobs due to downsizing. Years ago "restructuring" of territories meant they were canning the dead-wood. The reps that were cut were problem areas. Not now. There are great, fantastic reps just caught in the turmoil of companies used to excessive spending and the need for a fast trimming to offset costs occurs. They get cut despite their great numbers. It just does not matter. Location sometimes plays into this also. If they can divide the territory up and give parts of it to 5 reps---they can cut it.
    Anyway----quit your whining and do your job. Be happy you have a job. Amedisys is a good company and has good people. There are problems, but not unlike all the other companies trying to stay afloat. Amedisys is the only company I know of that is expanding right now. That says a lot. Nobody else is doing that right now. If they are growing in this economic downturn they must be doing something right guys!!!!! Think about it!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are doing something right, it's called FRAUD. Over 80% of their business comes from one payer, Medicare. The gov't has already sent out it's bounty hunters to find errors at Amedisys.

Don't walk from this company, RUN!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The question then becomes why did citron write the article and no other media outlet pick up on the story? Maybe they have an axe to grind at Amedisys HQ for some reason. We were chosen by money magazine as top 20 stocks to purchase for 2010. In these times their is something to be said about that..!!!! Reply

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enron and Worldcomm were considered good stocks at one point, before they were found to be committing FRAUD, just sayin'.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all concerned. am new to Amedisys and looking for some positive feedback or anything good about the company. Thus far it has been uneventful. It was a bit of a mess getting into the system to receive a pay check but so far so good. I too came from the pharma end and would like to think that I will spend a long time at Amedisys. So I am looking for positive feedback.

How are the advancement opportunities?
    Is the TSD useful? or should I look elsewhere for business?
    Is there any rumor of increased bonus pay out?
    Is there any rumor regarding paying at less than 100% to goal? i.e. start getting paid at 80%?
    What is an easy way to get referrals?
    Lunch budget? need more money!!

Remember company bashing only gets you what you want, more negative information!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newby

To all concerned. am new to Amedisys and looking for some positive feedback or anything good about the company. Thus far it has been uneventful. It was a bit of a mess getting into the system to receive a pay check but so far so good. I too came from the pharma end and would like to think that I will spend a long time at Amedisys. So I am looking for positive feedback.

How are the advancement opportunities?
    Is the TSD useful? or should I look elsewhere for business?
    Is there any rumor of increased bonus pay out?
    Is there any rumor regarding paying at less than 100% to goal? i.e. start getting paid at 80%?
    What is an easy way to get referrals?
    Lunch budget? need more money!!

Remember company bashing only gets you what you want, more negative information!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much are AE's paid at Amedisys?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amedisys is a joke and if you work for Chris Hambrick either get ready to be fake and put your chapstick on or find another job. She is so fake it is unreal. She will not like you unless you can help her into Bill Borne's chair or help her dumbass husband. You will need to kiss her ass to get her to pay attention to you. RUN! The company was a great company but they have let so many dumbass people climb to the top that it is ridiculous. I feel sorry for Bill. He will find out the hard way if he doesn't get more involved and do some housecleaning!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very untrustworthy company! Watch your back.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happen to you? What are we watching our backs for?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hope you are not going to work for that witch Chris Hambrick

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much money you make depends on where you work. If you work in a populated area, the money is OK. If you work in a rural area you may average $7-$8/hour if you are a RN since they pay by the visit. If you are in management then when you first hire on you will be sent to the home office to learn how great the company is and to meet Bill Bourne. You will be dazzled but then when you are finished with orientation everything changes. There are quotas to meet which encourages unscrupulous practices if you need to make a living (such as admitting Medicare patients who are not homebound, etc). I believe in keeping Medicare intact and I believe at least 50% of Medicare payments to Amedisys are unnecessary which is a disgusting factor. I was not fired. I left for another job but I left because of ethical reasons and for the record my DOO did not want me to go. I am not hate bashing Amedisys but I am not fond of the company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this company has absolutely no clue... I mean no clue... absolutely no business plan on how to develop start ups...stop opening offices w/o thoroughly evaluating the market...Stop trying to impress the stockholders and do the right thing!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know for Fact that several pharma reps that were "let go" from pharma was strickly because they had consistent year after year bad sales numbers and then got a job with Amedisys. I also know that they had a hard time "selling" versus sampling and talking about the weather. Only 2 things could of happened. 1. They changed their numbers to make them look good. 2. This company is not looking for sales people. I love the phrase " recovering pharma rep"????

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently began work at Amedisys and I have found just the opposite behaviors. It is the clinician's responsibility to validate the home bound status and continuing needs of the patient. The DOO at our office discourages any attempt to allow non-qualified patient admissions and requires a discharge completed if the patient is not home bound status. I personally found that strict adherance to the Medicare guidelines for admission in place.

The clinicians are ultimately responsible and accountable for the eligibility evaluation, as they are the ones who see the patients. I think the Medicare regulations are self limiting and the finger pointing at a company for not following the guidelines is frequently due to the non-dilgence of the staff.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DARLENE COBB
    AMEDISYS EMPLOYEE

**************I WORK FOR AMEDISYS AND PERSONALLY KNOW THAT EVERY MEASURE IS MADE TO MAKE SURE THAT NO FRAUD HAPPENS, IF IT DOES YOUR FIRED ON THE SPOT NO QUESTINS ASKED, IF YOU ONLY NEW WHAT IT MEANS TO THESE ELDERLY PEOPLE TO HAVE SOMEONE THAT CARE HOW THAY ARE, SOMETIME YOUR ALL THEY SEE ****EVER***** AND YES PEOPLE DO LEARN FROM THE TEACHING AND DO PROGRESS TO MORE INDEPENDENT LIVING. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE STUCK IN A NURSING HOME (THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE). FRAUD IS NOT TAKEN LIGHTLY BE THIS COMPNAY.*********************
    MAY BE YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME VOLUNTERING AND LEARN WHAT LIFE IS LIKE FOR SOME OF THESE ELDERLY PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO ANYTHING TO JUST STAY IN THEIR HOME.
    DON'T SPEAK OF WHAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, JUST BECAUSE A COMPNAY IS SUCESSFULL AND CAN STILL PROVIDE QUALITY CARE DOESN'T MAKE IT FRAUD.