Mannkind

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Merck going to announce a partnership or buyout deal for Mannkind ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would instantly be the best drug that we have.

Our beloved Januvia is currently our best---and it's just shy of terrible. It's like the Zetia of diabetes. It's impact on A1Cs is almost worthless. It's probably less safe than we've been led to believe. The only reason to write it is to help patients avoid insulin injections a little longer, which isn't good for them at all in most cases. Mannkind's inhaled insulin is the answer for millions of patients who should already be on insulin but fear the needles.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given Merck's liquidity horde of more than 40 billion and debt levels under 20 billion, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Al Mann did a deal with us. We have a sales group that is really not selling a competitive product, insulin or otherwise, and a separate sales group could be put in place for Europe. We will see what Astra and Pfizer do...stay tuned

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One small step for man one giant leap for Mannkind!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will never happen. Ken (read that as Ken has been convinced by Roger) is ONLY interested in pursuing PD-1. When Roger came on board he HALTED all clinical trials that are not PD-1 and is evaluating each of them. Forget diabetes, forget cardio, forget pulmonary - it's PD-1 or bust - quite literally.

Ken is only interested in 'bolt ons' - even Adam is floating that term in the media. Expect a possible run at buying Zoetis, the Pfizer AH spin-off. That MCC sale cash will go to more PD-1 or AH bolt on. Ken will not touch another human health merger with a 10 foot pole. Trust me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ken & Roger cannot abandon diabetes as a growth engine. AH is a roll up opportunity, but growth is not there...that is why Pfizer spun it off. Cancer is a crowded space with alot of me too products across the industry. SGLT's are making inroads and Afrezza is a product that will not have specific competition for years. We have the sales and marketing capacity in place now and the R&D is done. With 40 billion in net after debt liquidity, the company needs to move. A 2 Billion commitment to lock up the sales rights and buy into the company could bring in 1-4 billion per year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is simply not true. There are seven active and one trial recruiting in cardio that I am aware of. It would be no problem to tally the rest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It completely is true. The trials that passed his muster resumed but all were stopped for a period if they weren't PD-1.