Nexgard Thoughts

Discussion in 'Merial' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, just be thankful it's not Mitaban.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buy a flea comb, some pee pads and hide indoors, don't ever take Fluffy outside. You won't have to worry about side effects then.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shun all modern products, cave dweller ? Won't be long before heartworm and Lyme disease takes care of you and your little fluffy. Idiot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're sure it's not the 12 vaccines they gave it that day ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deflect blame anyway possible poison vendor !

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um..actually, wasn't it Bravecto that made the dog bite the dust ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work with an animal rescue in NC. From reading these posts it seems most of you sell flea/tick products. I was looking for reviews of Nexgard. I am sure I will find them, but you folks seem mostly concerned about sales and not the health of the animals.

A beautiful little Yorkie mix that was adopted from me two months ago is currently at the local emergency vet fighting for her life. She had Nexgard yesterday morning. Her symptoms started with severe diarrhea, then vomiting. Her red blood count and liver enzymes were extremely elevated within hours of ingestion. By this morning she is severely lethargic and her heart is slowing down.

How many of the dogs you tested this stuff on died? Why would you even sell a product that doesn't work unless the dog is bitten first? Instead of bragging about your sales and salaries, why not saying a prayer that little Tulip will survive your product?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do all pray for Tulips survival. More than you can know.

I'll venture to say that none of the people who post on these forums actually develop, test or produce the products we sell. Often the only real product knowledge we have is fed to us thru our companies.

If a dog or cat gets given our product during a trial study, then runs out the door and gets run over and killed by a truck, we have to count it as a drug related death. And even if the trials are accurate and no one dies, they're still limited to a few hundred patients at the most. Any product, once sold to millions, is going to have some illness and possible deaths that are suspected. Just like some people go into liver failure after using Tylenol or Advil or nine million other potentially deadly pain relievers out there. Any individual can have a bad reaction to any product at any time Real world experience sometimes differs from the studies. And who is to know what underlying undetected illnesses were pre-existing ?

And if consumers could stop demanding pesticides that work instantly and last forever, the the companies would have little incentive to develop new poisons.

Break out the flea comb, do daily tick inspections, stop buying products that have or should have black box warnings and get back to simpler time with less cancer causing chemicals.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My 10 year old havanese took nexgard because the topical ones burn her pink skin. 12 hours later she was vomiting continually. She then had serious projectile bloody, watery diarrhea. That was 4 days ago. After 2 trips to the vet and 2 to emergency vet and several medications she is almost out of danger. Has not been able to eat for 4 days and only in the last 36 hours has been able to drink more than a teaspoon of water. If I hadn't been very proactive she could have died. She is a sensitive dog but has never had a violent reaction or illness like this. It is a relatively new medication and I believe it could be extremely dangerous to some dogs

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gave my Golden Nexgard late yesterday - she has nausea, is lethargic - very concerned for her.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't believe this. If you would have given Trifexis then I would believe you.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you must be one of the loyal Merial assholes!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let us not forget that anyone can have a reaction to anything anytime.
    And let's stop calling each other vulgar names.
    If your dog didn't do well on a particular product, try another one.
    Just beware that most have specific label instructions to try and reduce lethargy and vomiting.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

" Try a Seresto collar. No greasy. No pukey ", Nuff said.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i am sure the poster did not mean to be vulgar. Just stating facts.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dont understand meriel still being in the market. Veterinarians refuse their product. My vet says because they are shameless liars and if they lie about one thing so obvious, they are likely to lie about everything se, including supposed safety of new product. Merial ia dirt and my vet chased thevrrp back whenvthey still had reps, and told them next time they showed up they would set the dogs on them...nevet been back since.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what meriel has become. Vets no longer buy from them for many issies, so they sell through walmart and online chinese pharmacies

18. Grettie15

Grettie15 Guest

STOP STOP STOP using Nexgard.....our perfectly healthy 11 y.o. mini dachshund recently passed away from complications directly related to this product. It started with vomitting - 3- 6 times a day, followed with horrific, chronic diarrhea. She had a gran mal seizure Memorial Day weekend. Our vet couldn't explain what was causing this. We were insistent the ONLY thing that has changed was the addition of Nexgard. Shortly after she developed intense edema in her back legs and stomach distention. We rushed her to Madison's Vet Hospital. Her free flowing calcium as well as her albumin ( protein ) was virtually depleted from her little body. None of the vets had ever seen such a thing. We spent the next 5 weeks back and forth - she was put on intense daily medicine - including twice daily Vit D shots, a daily steroid shot, calcium supplements, an anti coagulant and a strict diet. Tragically, she developed an extremely rare bacterial infection and passed away. The steroids , which she needed to build up her protein, stripped away her immune system. Afoxolaner, the active ingredient in Nexgard, binds strongly to blood protein, which gets eliminated from the body with the diarrhea. Consumers need to be aware of this horrible side effect. My husband and I are NOT letting this lie. Our lives stopped on July 17th when she passed away...this shouldn't be. Merial studied this product on a mere 415 dogs. Really? I want to know what the "real" results were. Don't insult us with you fake results!

19. Grettie

Grettie Guest

20. Grettie15

Grettie15 Guest

Fight for your Izzy!! This is a horrible product, that down plays the side affects. They are very real. We lost our Gretchen 2 weeks ago. Make yourself heard - do it for Izzy....I'll help!