When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A 90 day supply w/o insurance in PA costs $2,000.00 plus. I know because I was just charged that amount. All I can say is the Pharma industry is run by whores!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can find much better SNREs from Europe at 10% of that price online.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That price is bogus

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same poster proudly wears their "MADE IN CHINA" gold Rolex!

Wrist turns green---blames a drug company for causing it!

Go Away Scientology Trolls!

Ol' Timer

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you talking about Tom Cruise?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we have a Winner!

7. dodiemcc721

dodiemcc721 Guest

The patent now expires Dec 2013 due to a 6 month patent extention granted for clinical trials done for patients under the age of 18. However, heads will roll way before that date.

That 6 month extension and 6 month waiting period really bites for adult patients with nerve pain, whatever the source. That would push the release in generic form to June 2014. I personally know many fibromyalgia patients (myself included) who are on the edge of their seats waiting for Cymbalta to go generic. I don't qualify for any patient assistance programs as I have worked all my adult life as a master's level social worker, so my disability income is more than most. To think that when I became disabled from this horrible illness, I was in medical sales and wanted to go into pharmaceutical sales after I got my 2 year sales experience. The more I learn about pharmaceutical companies I thank God I didn't, they are all about the dollar, not about the patients it helps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You see, our DearLechLeader is the Hannibal of Pharma "Leadership." He enjoys light snacks, such as beer-seasoned local meat with a peach and ether glazed Marlboro Light, slathered in mid western Hot Rod Style Flavor Juice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In In'da'nap'lis, that's called Double Johnny Style

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"...that HAWGG is on FIRE...havin' a surgery/
    spare us his catastrophe...."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Price will still drop in December. Just not as much as June 2014.

All about the dollar. I love it. I guess all that R&D money comes from Santa Claus, right? Are you pissed at the for profit hospitals advertising on NFL games too?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the drugs bought overseas safe? I have excellent insurance, but because Cymbalta has been moved to a higher tier, it went from $60 for three months, to $120. Thats crazy! I can afford it, but it pisses me off. What about people who can't? When you find a med that helps, but has terrible withdrawals,
    changing drugs is not an option. The CEO needs to be ashamed of his greediness!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think the development and raw materials that are used to develop this product have gone down in price? What about the constant litigation around drugs (some legit a lot not). And the cost to make and market them- yes competition is fierce and we are a capitalistic company.

It is a choice not a privilege to take the med you do. If you cannot afford it in some cases there is a cheaper alternative; take it. I've been out of pharma for a few years but always like to check in. Pull your head from the sand and quit expecting handouts.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not expecting handouts! Expecting better coverage from high insurance premiums! I CAN afford it! Should not have to be so $$$. I'll say it again! Shame on anone who takes advantage of the old and / or sick, just to get rich! It's sickening. I believe in making $, but not highway robbery!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't trust any Internet based overseas pharmacy. Better option would be to buy from Canada if you live close enough to the border.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new porcine indication should add weeks of patent life! They did POC trials on the CEOink, himself!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you should be angry with your insurance coverage and company, not just a drug maker.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new porcine indication will buy weeks of additional coverage!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not in Pharma sales or any medical field. Simply a patient that cannot find anything else that works to ward off the panic attacks. When I take Cymbalta consistently I never have them as they are disabling. I have tried EVERYTHING ELSE to replace it since I have no insurance and am unemployed. It is over $200 out of pocket.
    Does anyone know for sure about when it will go generic? I was counting on next month.....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the patent expires at the end of December 2013, I've heard generics are out 6 months later.