Applied

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

honest opinion on Applied and more importantly their products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong board you dumbass. Go read the 3-4 dozen posts on their board if you really need to know

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay and benefits are 20 to 30% below market. Products are "me- too" and they compete on price since they pay you 30% less.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think what you mean is Cov was paying and offering benefits 20-30% higher. Not anymore though. Those days are gone for all companies.

Opinion about the products? They killed Cov in every market they've competed in. Constantly updating and changing them. Some docs like that, some don't, but at the end of the day, they're going to be around for a while.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was trying to gain the competitions opinion, I hope those underpaid me-too'ers smoke you out of your territory you asshole.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go troll on some other message boards where people actually care. How's those balloon trocars working out for you? Or that clip applier? I heard Applied is really killing it in the energy market

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smack talking about trocar sales...hilarious.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry a thing about Applied. Having worked there, they are more worried about you than you should be about them. They believe Covidien/MDT is having weekly meetings about the Voyant and the "disruptive" nature of Applied. (I know, that makes me laugh too). They have no clips to sell, no energy to promote (taken off the market until at least the beginning of 2017 - I would be longer) and don't have the contracts they need to make it with the larger IDN's. Do they win a few accounts on price? Of course, that's their strategy. But with less to sell, they're struggling. They say that they're growing but only because they've lost business and are making desperate grabs to get something back. My former DM just went to a meeting in St. Louis where they are talking about how to retain people. They're worried about the message they have to spin to potential new hires to make them take a chance with Applied. All that is only part of why you shouldn't worry about them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to your job at cintas or wendys. This industry is obviously not for you pal.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don't have a drive to be #1 in the next 2-3 years, they're ok, chipping away at market share over time until they are. Hospitals like their business model, and it's an admin sell now, not a surgeon sell. So that plays to their benefit.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest