The Party Is Soooo Over

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2006 at 6:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

piss off

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Sometimes perspective is good, but reality is better. I remember when we kicked SK's ass in the Zantac vs Tagamet battle. That was VERY satisfying. Then because SK got their butts kicked and lost a ton of money, they laid off 60% of their white-collared workforce. Glaxo (at the time) said, "we will never get as 'top heavy' as SK. We will be a lean machine, and accomplish even more" (or something to that effect). What happened is that in RTP, they stopped hiring, or made such cuts that everybody had to work 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount of work previously. It was an exciting time, simce we kicked the crap out of a competitor, but then our families suffered as a result. SK was a shitty company to merge with, but even in the great days of Glaxo, they still demanded your firstborn child as payment for your job. It wasn't just Glaxo, but all of corporate American corporations. Understand this... YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM, EXCEPT THAT YOU HELP TO ADVANCE THEIR FINANCIAL AGENDA! When you stop or slow in that area... you are gone. 20 - 25 - 30 years? Who gives a shit. What have you done for me TODAY!!?? If you are reading this, and you are NOT watching out for your own welfare, then you will be in the trash can before you know it. Be a survivor! Learn the game, and play it like they do. You will make decent money, you bring in much more money for GSK... and let the customer be damned.
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!

[/ QUOTE ]

whoever you are, you're brilliant!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sometimes perspective is good, but reality is better. I remember when we kicked SK's ass in the Zantac vs Tagamet battle. That was VERY satisfying. Then because SK got their butts kicked and lost a ton of money, they laid off 60% of their white-collared workforce. Glaxo (at the time) said, "we will never get as 'top heavy' as SK. We will be a lean machine, and accomplish even more" (or something to that effect). What happened is that in RTP, they stopped hiring, or made such cuts that everybody had to work 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount of work previously. It was an exciting time, simce we kicked the crap out of a competitor, but then our families suffered as a result. SK was a shitty company to merge with, but even in the great days of Glaxo, they still demanded your firstborn child as payment for your job. It wasn't just Glaxo, but all of corporate American corporations. Understand this... YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM, EXCEPT THAT YOU HELP TO ADVANCE THEIR FINANCIAL AGENDA! When you stop or slow in that area... you are gone. 20 - 25 - 30 years? Who gives a shit. What have you done for me TODAY!!?? If you are reading this, and you are NOT watching out for your own welfare, then you will be in the trash can before you know it. Be a survivor! Learn the game, and play it like they do. You will make decent money, you bring in much more money for GSK... and let the customer be damned.
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!

[/ QUOTE ]

whoever you are, you're brilliant!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thank you!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes I know what you mean

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a loser to have dug this thread out of the archives. You need a coloring book and crayons, dude or dudette?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blame SK not Beecham Labs. Beecham had the pipeline that paid the bills for SKB. When the SKB merger happened even the SK reps said how they rested on their laurels with the Tagamet/ Zantac wars and Zantac took over. Kudos to Glaxo for that. It was Beecham's products like Augmentin, Bactroban, Relafen and Paxil that paid the bills. I always wonder WHAT IF we did not merge with SK... There were some great reps and managers from Beecham days. By the way many Glaxo reps not happy with what was going on before the merger. In the few years before the merger Glaxo was reducing reps, I remember reps dropping boxes and boxes of samples ( especially Ceftin) to docs and then going home to wait for calls. I felt bad for those reps then. They let go of some good reps

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It never should have been a "party." It is a job.
    Now mgt. has caught on hat it was a party. Things are chaging fast!
    E sigs, cheaper cars, little or no raises, shrinking bonus etc. etc. etc.
    It is all heading to UPS delivery of samples and NO reps at all. Wait and see.