Oh no!!!!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GlaxoSmithKline to take $3.4B legal charge
    Triangle Business Journal
    Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 2:05pm EST

GlaxoSmithKline will take a $3.4 billion charge on its fourth quarter earnings as the company sets aside more money to deal with rising legal costs associated with investigations into the drug company’s sales practices as well as continuing problems with diabetes drug Avandia.
    In explaining the massive legal charge, GSK (NYSE: GSK) cited an ongoing investigation by Colorado authorities into sales and marketing tactics by major drug makers, including GSK. In addition, the company continues to deal with lawsuits stemming from heart ailments allegedly caused by Avandia use.
    U.K.-based GSK (NYSE: GSK), which bases its U.S. operations in Research Triangle Park, said the $3.4 billion is in addition to $2. 3 billion in legal charges the company took in July.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember that "Hee Haw" song, "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, agony on me."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH how nice to report on a three day weekend....Anyone know who left Co. at the time of this fiasco....and why...I do. Just ask, don't tell.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything is fine at GSK. Andrew Witty is a skilled and seasoned CEO and knows exactly what he is doing. We'll all come through 2011 just fine and GSK will be a stronger company and an even better place to work.

Instead of moaning and groaning about the "bad news" let's all pitch in and make 2011 the best year ever for GSK!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just hope the second half of my severance was already sent...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Note to self: request severance payable in one lump sum payable ASAP!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm asking, please do tell!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

consider tax implications of lump sum payment...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None at all on mine. Rolled into my IRA! Mighty huge chunk too! My IRA alone is over 2.7.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider implications of GSK becoming insolvent before the second payment...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patience is a virtue. Garnier and Ingram retired on blood money from children and pregnant women....where is the real justice ??? That will be the final question in this fiasco.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

test