Racism at Merck?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newsflash: Stereotyping AND prejudice = Racism. Wake UP, dude!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are ignorant if you do not see the majority of new hires are not white.. It's obvious the company is trying to bring in more ethnically diverse..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

post 80 YES reverse discrimination is REAL at MERCK... Open your eyes..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NONE of this will matter come Jan. 6th. Suggest we all practice singing "Ebony & Ivory" when axe falls!!

We're ALL gonna get fucking fired!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. There is no reverse discrimination. It's just plain old discrimination. And usually it's the white male that gets discriminated against.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fine and dandy to be diverse but it seems to me that native born Americans (any race) should always be hired 1st in America. If you're in France, a native of France should be hired first....In Germany, a German native first and so on....

With the obscene rates of unemployment in this country it's a national disgrace to see native born pushed aside. If you're being honest you'll agree that white, educated, middle to older aged males are in the worst position for employment. Most of these workers have not had anything handed to them with special programs or anything else. Many are strapped with educational bills...Most I know did it all the "right way"...played by the rules, worked hard then go cut or run into blank slates when it comes to finding work...

Its tragic. This country needs to put new regulations in place to value its sons and daughters. If opening still exist after the best of American born are chosen, then hire international.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now in your world, 2 wrongs make a right. You must be a dumb ass.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today is January 9th. Were you talking of January 6th, 2015, 2016......???

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am black and agree that at the durham plant that a lot of more qualified whites are passed over for promotions. I do not think that this is the right thing to do. I want to work there a long time, and do not want it to be ruined by PC decisions.Look how screwed up America is now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was born in Japan and have noticed that Merck consistently discriminates against Asians - especially individual of Japanese decent. It is offensive and a culture of exclusion - yes my supervisor tells hiroshima "jokes" or constantly refers to "godzilla" all pronounced with an insulting accent.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This whole thread is nonsense. Merck goes out of its way to hire those with specific ethnicities. Probably to a fault. The only people they won't hire are internet trolls like you fools.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The durham site will be like Detroit at the rate it is going.I swear one of the new hire coaches worked at the chicken shack last week, he still smells like burnt chicken.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"If you believe that you are probably the only one who looks like you that actually thinks OJ Simpson was innocent! Yeah, I said it!!!"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck has to do more to help black Americans.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What racism? If we were all African American we'd all have it made.

Try being a wonder bread for awhile..forever treated like you're nothing special.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FACTS:
    1. OJ Simpson was guilty
    2. Frazier was out of line
    3. If it had been Steve Jobs, nobody would be commenting.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rev Al and Jesse are both nothing more than thugs, liars, criminals, and losers.
    And they're your heroes?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ugh! These guys are an absolute embarrassment. Cannot image how anyone in their right mind would ever want them to be represent them...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is old, but the deluded sentiment is still probably alive and well at this once great company. Merck declined because CEOs after Roy Vagelos gave unethical and intellectually challenged VPs the opportunity to make poor and costly decisions.

The VIOXX debacle started the downfall and the company has never regained its reputation for sound science and landmark block-buster products. Add that R/D took a powder.

Back in the good times, there were too many strong products for the sales force to promote adequately. A "solution" was to add more reps, but not thousands more. Millions were wasted on increasing "share of voice" to keep pace with Pfizer. Increased volume doesn't equate with increased quality of sound. Reps were falling all over one another and customers were irate. Some reps started slacking off, because there were always two or three others promoting the same few products. What a mess.

Now there are very few products and lots of lay-offs. This predictable tale of disaster has absolutely nothing to do with women or minorities. The great majority of execs making those poor decisions were white males. Chew on that reality for a while.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, certainly racism is alive and very well at merck. You have to be black for a promotion. Look at the CEO-no history of success and he lands this job? And don't tell me Vioxx was his road to "success."

Typical reggin