Dynasplint, Dynasplint, Dynasplint

Discussion in 'Dynasplint' started by Concerned Citizen, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is beyond clueless. To the poster I am quoting I wanted to say, you are SO right. They don't take care of ANY of their employees, and they are losing a ton of money, as Medicare has stopped paying on claims for patients in nursing facilities,issues with payments from alot of the medicaid programs are not being dealt with, and it's just plain poorly managed. The contracts manager just quit, and many employees at corporate wonder exactly what he did, as its been decided not to replace the position. The good people with good ideas for improvement don't stay; the operations manager has his clique of people who like to party, and if you are not in that clique, you won't stay long. Dynasplint is on a bad downward spiral, and the steps being taken are the wrong ones.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The owner presents his company as a Christian business. Not listening to the counsel of others isn't wisdom, it's arrogance. Medicare guidelines explain that dme items in facilities won't be paid for. To keep doing it is unethical and to think they should pay for it is arrogant.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There should be a website for dynasplint employees, this company stinks so bad. Since they monitor this forum at the corporate office you would think they would get a clue. Utterly inept management, shady business practices - it's all true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I no longer work their :) ! But I used to and so I can say everything you say on here is very true! Some of my friends still works their and hate it more all the time. My one friend tells me everyday thatit getting worse and worse and worse and she cries at how her manager is. Now she is trying to find a new job. They were not giving any pay raises but they spend money on worthless crap. I heard recently they paid money to help a golf player in the PGA but some people didnt get raises for 2 years. Everything is to try to make good image to the outside but employees are treated like crap on the inside.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, they can look good to the outside community, but working there is a season in hell. Glad to know the golfer is able to play with a Dynasplint hat on, while employees are working at evening part time jobs as there are no cost of living raises for two years. This company lies, lies, lies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former PAR and it's amazing how much of a downward spiral the company has taken. I agree with the above posts regarding how they handle sales and establishing territories. I have seen them open up many new virgin territories, only to let the sales rep go within six months and then turn around and hire a new rep for the territory. It frustrates the heck out of doctors, patients, the SSRs, everyone. Some how they pay these folks next to nothing and feel it's more cost effective to hire new people, fly them out to Maryland or Louisana (the Neurological reps) and put them in a hotel for a week, then fire them after a few months...over and over. What about working with the people they have? Giving them time to grow, build relationships and accounts and develop a working business model? I find it funny how no one even bats an eye at the sales managers who are constantly turning-over sales reps. It also makes little to no sense to have Ortho, Neuro and Podi reps in small cities with bad insurance or a large populace on a broke Medicaid system.

It's a tough job and I've known a lot of reps who have had to work second jobs. Most of the people at corporate are working second jobs or like myself have been let go. There are a lot of good, intellegent people who work there who deserve better.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Dynasplint

In my time with Dynasplint, I never understood the philosophy that starting over with a new employee was a better option then working with an existing employee. It takes time to learn a job, and more time to become proficient at it. Dynaplint consistently undermines itself by losing employees who have developed a body of knowledge. Since this really falls under the heading of " Business 101", it seems that all these educated people are not applying that education effectively. I think it demonstrates that there are lots of agendas there that have nothing at all to do with the publicized mission statement.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My mother has been using dynasplint after her stroke for her hand and wrist seeing so-so results, but little movement of her forearm has come back. They have a great program to "lease to own" the equipment, but they need to OVERHAUL their accounting system. At least two payments never were credited and I had to send proof of payment. This week I received collection notice from their collection company. When I called, other payments, the final payments, were received BUT NOT POSTED.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To this poster : The accounting department at Dynasplint is, at best, inept and NEVER held responsible for the LOADS of posting errors that they make. Want results? Send an email to : amathers@dynasplint.com. This goes to Ashley Mathers, communications director and she will be happy to assist you. You can also call the toll free number and ask for her.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cant believe docs still use this garbage splint device with 4-6 hours of wear time...your name and history is what keeps you guys afloat.

sad to hear how you reps are treated and fucked over on pay as well. with what im sure the company is billing for that you should be seeing a solid chunk of it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a true depiction that corporate does monitor these boards. They don't care if your payment isn't posted. They have received your money and could care less if you get sent to collections. Sad to think patients are paying full retail for these devices that potentially could have been on hundred or thousands of patients prior. These devices are being used over and over on patients after they have been "cleaned". This still doesn't give them the right to charge new prices for a used device. This is a deceptive company with a hidden agenda.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its all employees getting fucked not just the reps. Well unless you are one of their horrible managers or the owners family member.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do tell? curious as to how they get away with this treatment of employees. especially considering the pay for reps and the amount of work they put in. I guess getting your foot in the door if you want to do medical sales makes sense if you can survive for a couple years for resume purposes, but it just seems so miserable

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you happen to come back here and read this: How they get away with the treatment has a couple of answers. First, Maryland is an "employment at will" state, so you can be terminated at any time for any reason, or no reason, with no legal repercussions. Second, they are very good at creating the paper trail needed to prove that you have not met performance standards; once you have a been targeted for termination, you will be written up and placed on a performance improvement plan, which you will not be able to meet. The goals of the plan will vary depending on the department you work in, but, you will not be able to meet them, so they will write you up at least two more times, then there will a record of your poor work performance; this serves so that when you get fired, you won't be able to argue you were terminated unfairly. There are also a number of employees who are made to sign agreements that they will not disclose any information about "Dynasplint billing practices" in order to be able to collect unemployment.
    The things that keep you from getting fired at Dynasplint are : being in the party group with the operations manager, being gay, being african-american, being related to the owner. Since I am familiar only with the corporate aspect, I can't speak to what happens at the rep level. But, what I do know on that, is the reps who do not quit or get fired within six months are able to keep their jobs by jumping on the less then honest practices that Dynasplint thrives on. Those with a sense of ethics are gone quickly.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The response was given by a person who used to work for Dynasplint, and wanted to help a person cut through the crap to get their issue resolved. The corp person who monitored the boards has left the company. The contact person given is the owners daughter, and if anyone can bypass the lousy practices in place with management and accounting, it would be here.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true! This organization is so clueless!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is either for sale or run by individuals who have no business sense. My spouse is an employee here and I beg he/she looks for a new job. The incentive package is a joke does not reflect a sales role. Reps are essentially account managers with bonus's. Good Reps could double their numbers but will only see an additional $200/ month. There is absolutely no incentive to perform. The pay structure is inadequate for the level of knowledge and degree of work, similar companies pay their reps double what you will make at Dynasplint if you are a top rep. This pay structure breeds apathy. Management is extremely manipulative and will continually over promise and under deliver. The turnover is extremely high and most reps do realize within 6 months there is no money to be made here. If you like making under 50k working 50 hours a week performing at a top sales rep level then you will think Dynsplint is just fine, but if you want to be paid to do well, Dynasplint is not for you!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an accurate statement as Dynasplint and making money never are in the same sentence. They under pay over promise and definitely under deliver in all aspect that a company can.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know details about the whistleblower lawsuit that we just got hit with? I heard we will have to pay hundreds of millions. Can dynasplint even cut a check that big? I guess it's time to dust off my résumé.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Dynasplint

I put it on this board all the time - don't get a job at Dynasplint. The whole set up is based on making money, not on fair and honest dealing. The group of employees that work with the reps to get the fittings rarely have the correct information for what insurance will cover, and the patient is invariably told their insurance will cover 100% and that is rarely the case. If the patient was given accurate information about what their insurance isn't going to cover, most would refuse the Dynasplint and the system is manipulated so that it's never communicated this way. Bad, bad management across the board here. I am sending out resumes to get the heck out. It's always been bad, and now they have gotten a new information system that they didn't want to spend money on training the employees on. Didn't seem to occur to them that lack of training will ultimately lose them more money then what they would spend on training.