MacMillan's new gig

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know if anyone saw this but there's a story about Steve MacMillan's new gig and he dishes on departure.

http://www.massdevice.com/news/sbiomed-taps-ex-stryker-ceo-macmillan-ceo?page=show

Money quote

""As a younger, hard-charging person dramatically changing a company, to adjust it to the new realities, you build some scar tissue with board members," he explained. "We then had to go through a lot of significant changes, the regulatory environment change, we had to move away from delivering 20% earnings growth. We had to make some changes to some of the board structures.

"Then when you start to change over the board and ask a few long-serving people to step down, bring some new ones on, it can create some very difficult dynamics in the boardroom. I think I built up some scar tissue and there became a convenient reason for some members."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miss the guy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does he really believe it was about Board members needing to go? How about the scar tissue he inflicted on others? He had the world by the balls and blew it. He is the reason he is gone. Look at yourself in the mirror and face the reality of your actions. Mr Brown was a class act and woulnd never have made such missteps. Talent without character is worthless.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brown is a billionaire. McMillan had his chance and he blew it. He's done well and will continue to but he blew a good chance at generational wealth that comes along one in your lifetime if you're extremely lucky. It must make him nauseous.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IMO he was outstanding except for maybe, his people selection skills. Perhaps his departure was just another example of poor management decision making. Stryker needed him then and more than ever needs him now. He tolerated Mogul which was a major mistake for one and Stryker is still paying for that mistake. He will be very successful. Watch, he has many years ahead of him to prove that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Fuck the Doomed"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't work directly with Steve, but I did run into him many times at Stryker. He always struck me as great guy, fun to be around, and a solid leader. Honestly I am very sorry he is gone. He showed a great degree of respect and understanding for the Salesforce.
    Steve accomplished a lot in his time with the company, and we are all hoping his successor can do the same. So far, the only noteworthy thing the new CEO has done is to show up in the local newspaper getting dunked on in a charity basketball game and remind all of us (sales people) that we are here only until RFPs become the norm and are managed internally.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker is a well tuned company extremely well run at a high level. It's not all that important who's seen as running things day to day. The Company is bigger than any one man and will endure no matter who comes or goes. That's the enduring legacy of JB.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B U L L S H I T.

I am from Texas, and I am Ex Stryker. I sold against you last week and won while caring another companies Flag. Stryker has become a sales force full of sales associates parading around like real sales reps. The only thing lasting with Stryker is EX STRYKER sales reps being able to "throttle" the new wave of "wanna b's". Thanks for the growth numbers "bitches"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought you said "bigger than any one man" ? Endure is far different than Flourish. Poor management decisions dilute the value of the company. What are Neptune, Otismed and ABG Hips, for example, costing the shareholders. Wasted $1Billion plus? Enduring? He must be jumping out of his skin in frustration. Managers, on the street in front of the customer" that is the "face of the company". Today, not such a pretty face, hence, slow sales growth and poor salesforce morale.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole industry is taking a dump. Stryker will fare far better than most because the company has been preparing for the economic buyer better than most competitors. I am a shareholder not an employee. Morale may be at a low but tell me where it's up? The good old days are gone. Adjust to the new normal. Stryker has. Shareholder value will only continue to go up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow.....quite a bit of inside knowledge from a "shareholder"

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen the new normal Stryker sales reps. I will quote one recently "but the customer said NO, what do I do now?" This is the new adjusted normal Stryker? Glad I work for the competition now days after being trained by Stryker of old and have adjusted just fine. Sales commission rates may be down but growth sales commissions are not. I love the NEW ADJUSTED STRYKER!!!!!! You know who I am.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter who you are. You are insignificant. Macro economics will crush you in the end anyway. Enjoy your revenge, it's pocket change in the total scheme of things.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much Cash will this high integrity company pay this year to the FDA and DOJ, then add in the money for the patients that were harmed with Hips and Neptune etc. Micro not looking so good and with morale way down, neither is the Macro. Wait until the taxpayers get on Congress and the President for fixing Drug and Device prices. Watch the Media. You all support the lobbies?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever wonder if the doctors are to blame for most of this "CRAP"? If they honored their code "at least do now harm" I bet we wouldn't be able to "buy" their business!