Stryker Sustainability

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster; that doesn't sound right and you saying trust me doesn't make me want to trust you. Care to elaborate on the pay? Seems like a growing division why would they be cutting expenses? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was called for an Account Manager position...there is NO base. Comm only. Say that first year target is $120-150...is this accurate? No base is still scary. just saying

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recon, Trauma and Spine are 100% commission.
    No two paychecks are ever the same.
    It's definitely not for someone that is seeking structure and a safety net.
    On the other hand, high risk can equal high reward.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This recycling stuff is a bad business model. Maybe cuffs, but the blades,drill bits and burs is "unsustainable" as a profit center for all companies. As the companies move the OEM manufacturing out of the country gradually these kind of divisions will vanish. Makes as much sense as having my BIC shaving razors resharpened and sent back to me. Just stupid

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilliant analogy. Real high-level stuff. I see big things in your future.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good news is that was funny! The bad news is you are both asshol es. Hahahahha

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been there done that....SSS is not good for careers long term in the same geographic market. Try to get a job with ethicon or covidien after SSS, not going to happen, they don't want reprocessing reps, they want real reps.

Better take all your Regional managers who lied about going to college, and then send them to pharma

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you have it pretty well figured out meathead.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i worked for them almost 2 years and moved on. Stryker bought us because we sold their drill bits, blades, burrs, shavers, etc., at half the cost. All devices have a legit 510k clearance, and we put a serious dent in OEM's business. When I was there reps made about 60K. You were pretty much capped out. Beat your quote by 10% and you get like $1,500 bonus. The job is easy, and just a good place to start out. I assume salary went up in the past few years, but its a good entry level position. I stayed a year and a half and moved on. No complaints.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong- 6 figures was average comp starting in 2013 post Stryker takeover.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My company just hired 2 of you idiots. It's clear there was very little selling, seems like all they did was pick up trash.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they don't know what selling is.. they just service and build value in the trash they covet. sss is for sassy marketing chicks, trainable monkeys, soon this department will be replaced by drones, robots, vending machines, pneumatic tubes who knows ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the concussions you sustained in your D3 O-Line career are hampering your ability to construct a sentence. That aside, its fairly obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. What you see as 'trash', savvy medical device CEO's see as revenue in the form of hundreds of millions of dollars. It's no surprise you don't' have the capacity to understand that. I transferred from an associate role in another division into an SSS rep role. First year did ok. This year I will easily make more than the rep I was an associate for previously. It's guys like you; entitled, unintelligent, ignorant, and lazy that I pray work for the competition in my accounts.

Please keep on doing what you're doing because eventually the peter principle(go to google.com and type in peter principle... have someone help if you're unsure on how to use google) kicks in and the sooner it does, the better off this industry is.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL I was a defensive back darling but nice try... its Friday morning-isn't this the biggest cleanup day for you reps? any real man in this industry would laugh and never consider a reprocessing gig whatever it pays , career killer unless you possess a vaj. Let me guess- you transferred from endoscopy because you couldn't hack it with the heavy hitters in that dept that run SYK sweetheart? my second guess would be you were a reject marketing associate because you saw the dead end wall there and they reeled you over with eternal promises in this new booming dept -booming and full of growth it is- selling and surgeon loyalty im sure are foreign language to you though. im sure you know stryker looks good on any resume but SSS? not so much... enjoy your weekend baking cookies and cleaning doll, you had such a long rough week, you need the rest poor baby! <pouty face>

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^your sense of humor is embarrassing at best and any dude that LOL's needs to re-evaluate

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think you are of value to the CEO think again. You are nothing...although you provide a competitive cost reduction service you have strategically brought nothing to the table. What the other poster was trying to say is that your sales skills and relationships will not transition into the other sales roles you will be looking for in a year or so. Good luck...honestly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All this coming from box openers who hang around the OR fixing printers for those oh so valuable surgical hi-def photos.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Owned! Nice. Now stfu you are both equally useless.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone know how long you can work as associate sales rep, do you have to move forward as account manager??? also how much work does it require to pick up devices? is there time stamp involve??? what time do you have to go into work??? how long do most people usually work per day in sustainability division? do managers ride with you?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a lot of pety questions, you must be green to medical device. These type of positions, regardless of which reprocessing company, are not truly "entry level sales jobs". If you think you're going to move up to account manager, it's going to be based off of the territory and if in the future it grows enough to financially (on paper) support more than one account manager. You're work ethics also would come in play.
    Honestly, from you already asking how much work it takes to "pick up devices" and "what time do you have to go into work" and "how long does one have to work per day" shows you're already worried about having to work hard and break a sweat. If that's the case, you might as well go find a different industry.

All of your questions would be answered on an initial interview. I'm guessing you haven't done that yet either?