Prepare to be ASSIMILATED

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

resistance is futile

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all knew or should have known that our days were numbered. Just look at all of the higher ups that left the company before the inevitable happened. Boy do I feel dumb for having stuck around so long. The only thing I could imagine that would be worse is having to work under the Pfizer culture. It makes AZ look like a walk in the park.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we turned it down people…read the article

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"We?" Like you had a say in the decision. lol. Pfizer has fired a shot over the AZ bow. It is PS responsibility to the owners of the company (shareholders) to return value. AZ has been in the doldrums we all know that. Pfizer is offering a significant premium for AZ. They are serious. Now it's just about the final price they will pay. The people who still have stock options are going to be very very happy indeed. Pfizer doesn't need any more reps, Dm's marketing slugs or IT people. The fat lady is about to sing.
    Let's face it...we all saw it coming.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be a shareholder decision.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For many, prepare to be ELIMINATED.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the article on Fox news they want the cancer drugs and they are expected to offer a 25% premium with the next bid.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer doesn't assimilate they decimate. They have a full time team of experts who have already done this many times. If you are AZ and in any role other than PSS then you are gone, period. If you are a PSS you have at best a 1 in 5 chance of hanging around for a few years. Maybe.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now you know why some higher ups left in the last few months. Those closest to the captain always know first when it is time to abandon ship.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assimilated? Are you on crack? Where in the hell have you been for the past 8-10 years? Did Pfizer "assimilate" Wyeth or Pharmacia or Parke Davis? Did Merck "assimilate" Schering-Plough? You aren't that neat. 90% of you will be gone. Period. To think otherwise is beyond stupid. Which is what I suspect the majority of you really are...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

prepare for reach and frequency. prepare for activity trackers. prepare for metrics analysis.

I was a long term hospital rep with Wyeth. I am still here at Pfizer, although I no longer work. I simply go to the hospital and enter calls. I can make more on TBOs by hitting my activity goals than on my sales.

There is no amount of lube that will help what is coming. You will be bent over and pounded until you submit to Big Blue. Benefits are good and if they pressure you in anyway, call the open door line and the goons will back off. I've had a real estate business since 2010 and now that the market is coming back, I should a least be able to stop faking the gas and milage.

Now, the best thing you can do is forget Sales and get up to speed on Veeva.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SPOT ON!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, for a moment there I was afraid we were in for some really big changes. This sounds like the SOS. Thanks for the reassurance.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is. SOSDD. All these big pharma are the same. Execs just bounce around among them, so there are really no new ideas, except Valeant, because the CEO is a ruthless cost cutter and is building the company by buying cash flow and chopping people. Check the stock price last few years.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not so sure it will be us that will be eliminated. Granted, there would be serious reductions, BUT....
    why would Pfizer get rid of a sales force that is already trained on diabetes? Already trained on respiratory? Nevermind that these divisions also have the relationships w/ key thought leaders and large volume writers. Pfizer has neither for these two disease states. This is AZ's strength and future.

This situation is not like the other take-overs where Pfizer was already trained (co-promotion) when the ax starting falling. We have done nothing with them. Probably pie in sky but think about it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Find a dictionary and look up "irony" and "sarcasm".

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would Pfizer get rid of a sales force that has outstanding relationships and history with OBGYN's. They did and they will with AZ. From a former Wyeth rep.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read this afternoons business, Valeant going after Allergan as of today, just a matter of time before they go after an AZ, BMS or other size able Pharma co.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just check Wyeth if you want to see what our future holds. They will eliminate 90% or more of us within 2 years. Senior leadership and anyone above DSM will be the first group to go. This will be quick and decisive. Then they will gradually begin to reduce our numbers once they have us open doors for their people and they can get their training done. Anyone in a support role like training, I.T., managed care, contracting etc. will also be gone in the first round of cuts. This is what Pfizer does and they are efficient at it.