Pfizer, give us decent packages!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please be quick and decisive!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 weeks for each year for reps, 6 weeks for each week for mgr's. Max out at 2.5 years worth of pay. That would be fair and at least reduce the sting of trying to find work commensurate with what we earned. If Pfizer is willing to pay so much for AZ, they can afford the above.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, this may or may not happen.

Second, why pay when you can have the milk for free? Why would Pfizer give a severance payout better than that which AstraZeneca itself has ever been willing to offer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They won't. Face it, we are going to get butt fucked in this deal. But once reality sets in we will realize how miserable we have all become working in this shithole.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Standard package. 60 days WARN. 2 weeks/year service. Max payout 1 year. Car taken at end of WARN period. This will be done by Thanksgiving so packages can be expensed this year. Count in it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oooooohhhh yeah! The greatest news I've heard in a long time. Please Pfizer, come in and blow up all those tight little crony bonds that have strangled any hope or inspired thinking that could have saved this company! I hope all those fucknuts in Wilmington are losing sleep tonight and worrying about their once cozy futures. I will laugh my ass off to watch them scamper like rats as they fight for the last bits of cheese!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When this goes down we all need to be prepared. Not just Wilmington. Everyone in the field as well. The ones in territories that don't have a Pfizer rep may be ok for a while. All DSM's will be gone. History from a former Wyeth rep.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good thing for the diabetes team is that Pfizer doesn't have one. That will keep us around for a little while longer.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One positive is you will have an opportunity to purchase the company car.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When Pfizer bought us (former Wyeth) we were given an option for a package, or interview for a job. I'm in AZ diabetes now. WAY too many reps. Its ridiculous! These numbers were kept to ensure a kick ass Farxiga launch to help bottom line and them sell. Pascal and Paul will make enough $ to feed all of Africa for a decade.

1/2 of us are toast! Take the package. Get out of the golden handcuff bondage.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like we are all safe. The great eye in Manhattan (a.k.a Mordor) is now looking elsewhere.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PF can't wait to give you a package..we'll just have to wait about another year, maybe even 2 to find out what it is..not close to retiring? then nows the time to start looking (you'll be surprised to find that majority of opportunities out there will make you appreciate this job a lot more)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do they determine retirement package bracket?
    Isn't it something like your age plus years employed here, if it equals a certain age then they may offer retirement benefits?
    Seems like AZ has something like that?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer has the "Rule of 90" - age + number of service years equal 90.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prepare to be gone.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The old Zeneca plan had a rule of 70. Offer that to all at AZ who qualify and watch how easy it would be to downsize.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wyeth had a "rule of 70" and it was built into the two year post takeover agreement (as was other things) before it went away. I believe its up to AZ to put it in place pre merger. Do not expect Pfizer to do you any favors, especially something that would increase costs years down the line like a pension benefit. Pfizer has been in cost cutting mode now for years including stopping their defined benefit pension in 2017.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I meant "takeover"-NOT merger. There is no merging once Pfizer gets involved with you. It's not going to be pretty I'm sorry to say. Good luck to you all.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

too many would take it and it would be too costly.....its much easier, and cheaper to just lay people off. PH owes you nothing - and AZ couldn't care less.....its all about "shareholder value" and taking care of the big guys...we are nothing to them.

Been through 2 other mergers and downsizings with other companies, got through one unscathed (no obvious reason why, just luck) the second one - not so lucky.

stay focused on your job and making your numbers look good, start networking NOW and look out for yourself. Think about leaving this industry altogether, notice that there are less and less pharm companies out there (due to mergers, spin offs, etc) jobs in this industry are scare - and will be more so.

Good luck!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? 4 weeks per year?!! Hahaha! You are completely delusional and stupid. Every rep will get 4-6 weeks then 1 week per year after that. Do you think Pfizer is in the business of paying a month for each year? Pfizer does not give one f vck about any AZ reps.