What is Dave Brennan doing now?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How the man can sleep at nights after screwing tens of thousands of lives defies logic!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between 1999 and 2011 I made over $64M. I sleep just fine thanks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the truth brother - Sweet dreams.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably doing nada. Why? Has more money for 5 lifetimes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stand up comedy in Butkiss, Kansas.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doing Dracula impersonations.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brennan was more like a used car salesman than a CEO. He was in way over his head, as 99% of management at AZ is. He has more money than he can ever spend. Medimmune was an absolute stupid move, but he was too damn stupid to know it. Pascal has left too many of AZ's management in place. Way to many. Pascal has done nothing to get us out of this mess because there is nothing he can do. We are drifting.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's plenty a good businessman could do! You're so stuck in the mindset that has been ingrained into your entire being by the robotic management in this behemoth that you're claiming this:

"A CEO of a multi-billion dollar, highly profitable corporation can do nothing to get his company out of a mess."

Buddy, there are people who start with nothing except a garage and an idea who create gigantic corporations like Google, Apple, Pixar, and many others. What is lacking is talent, not opportunity. Also judgment on the part of plenty of people, including the poster this response was to.

If I was in charge, I'd do this:

1) hire the 2013 version of Chainsaw Al. Fire the shit out of reps (and their cars, 401-k's insurance, vacation, computers, meetings, and layers upon layers of worthless management, teams, consultants that go along with them. I'd eliminate a lot of travel and meetings. I'd eliminate every fucking dinner meeting that none of the prescribers want to go to. Cut costs and save a billion or two dollars a year or so.

2) Compete with the generic manufacturers on price. Sell brand at the generic price since there isn't anything new. If something new comes out, there are plenty of ways to launch. AZ never - once - carried out a good product launch, so WTF? Why not have a partner company like Pfizer of Merck comarket and carry the sales calls. If something new ever does come along? Hell any bug company would jump at the opportunity to have something new to sell.

3) Get the lawsuit liability off of the books, somehow. Even if it means a breakup of the company. They do that to eliminate pensions; if that's the morality, why not shirk on the liability to the personal injury phonies by dissolving and recreating the entity? The lawyers can think of something, unless they understand that the reason for doing it is to eliminate the gigantic legal team.

Three little ideas. Yeah, poor Pascal. Cry in your coffee pal, there's nothing you can do.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO. I think someone needs to quit drinking mid-day. You're an idiot.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, thanks for the input.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's recovering from surgery for a brain tumor.

You are welcome a.rse.holes

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#1) Agree that the sales force will need to be overhauled. I don't know about firing every one of them but a new model is definitely in need

#2) so many things wrong with this statement. There is a lot more to product/price placement than just cutting the cost to compete with generics. On a basic level, the price coincides with the risk of development and marketing a product. It costs billions to create and market a branded drug, much less for a generic entry. Again, this is just one point of many on the pricing subject. You are really oversimplifying with your statement.

#3) As long as we have products, we will ALWAYS have lawsuits. IF and WHEN the company runs out of money/products, the lawyers will look elsewhere for $$$

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

...dave on the way to the bank

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jerking off onto piles of hundred dollar bills.

He's the living embodiment of AZ: Paid for failure.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to believe in the afterlife. You need to believe that there will be a judgement for us all. I believe. I wonder if Dave does.

Repent

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great example of the fact that only in America,do people get rewarded for utter failure.Corporate America is filled with clowns like Brennan!Karma's a b##ch!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Karma never rewards victims, who rarely if ever are even aware that Karma affected the deserving. So many clowns at AZ, surprising they can even manage to get through a layoff.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

counting money helps people fall asleep.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bad points except for the Al Dunlap comment. In the end, this slash pump and dump executive was proven to be disastrous for long term company viability and was kicked out of Sunbeam. Not much better than Brennan.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last seen doing the cha cha while downing Martguerita's in flannel pajamas at Tommy Bahama's.