Accolade 1 vs 2

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C'mon Stryker, is this the best you can do. Accolade 1 is the same size as Accolade 2 up to size 6 Accolade 2. Then, all you have done is narrow down the lateral side of the larger sizes. Making the stem shorter will be of no consequence.
    Accolade 2 will still 'pot' in A type femurs for the smaller sizes.
    Try comparing your templates to Zimmer M/L taper. You have copied them in the larger sizes, yet Zimmer can still do better with a larger proximal portion in the smaller sizes.
    M\L taper has a much better stem geometry, better offset options and great numbers at 5 years on the Australian registry.....
    OK, lets hear the Kool Aid comments.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

geesh, losing business already. someone needs to vent

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's one louder than 1

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Zimmer? Didn't stryker just win a lawsuit against them for patent infringement on one of their product lines? Can't Zimmer at least make something of their own or do they always copy for other companies?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, look at the clinical history in the back of the brochures on both stems. Both are based on the success of the Taperloc. Rothman liked it so much Stryker tried to copy. First time it didn't work out, so the II was born in titanium and double cut broaches. M/L taper as the original? You must be kidding.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In your face Fucker!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cracks me up when a co revamps something it's bc the original didn't work. Trilock was the first, and it was redesigned, as was Z, and now SYK. I kinda like the changes SYK made to accolade (medial curvature changes, growing medially and laterally).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

acc 1 was and is still a great stem. many surgeons still are using acc 1 even with acc 2 on the market. Save your bashing. Look at Stryker's growth - knee, hip and trauma. It's a proven fact that Stryker knows what they are doing. yes, there have been mistakes i.e rej stem, shape match.But the numbers don't lie, stryker is growing fast. faster them z, deputy and biomet in both knees and hips. back to my original point. The acc 2 is an enhancement. Does the Acc 1 have issues - Yes. What stem doesn't. The ACC 2 uses technology and data that wasn't available 10 years ago. If you bought a 2011 BMW that doesn't mean the car is a piece of sh*t bc they just came out with a 2013 version. I'm not gonna go down that road you get the point

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way to state the obvious num nuts.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

accurate or not ?

I hear an Ortho rep north of the border has a contract paying about 800K . How does one get this job ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends which border. North of Mexico yes, Canada doubtful... The days off big money are over unless your 50+ and have been in your territory for 15+. Years. Plenty still making over 500k. To sum it up, You Can't get that job. Unless its your dad your taking over for.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be naive. Accolade wasn't about TaperLoc not working; it was about Rothman et al making a paycheck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accolade II was about Accolade not working, and charging the hospital more.