farxiga vs inovkana

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can anyone that knows explain what the features and benefits are between the two products. Thanks!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sweet Pee is particularly beneficial for female pts as they usually develop vaginal infections from the bucket loads of sugar passing through. Additionally these agents do nothing to treat the core defects of the disease and are expensive. Any questions?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feature--- me to product

Benefit-- nothing

Dumb ass company will have a 9 page detail piece twisting
    data and lying.

Kool aid drinking managers will beat you down to say verbatim
    something that is BS like it lowers A1C by 2 points.

Had 6 RX's of Invokana written in territory in one month.
    Lilly has one coming in 4 months. Astellas has one in 8 months.

We'll be fighting for 6 RX's with 3 other competitors.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, one more thing. Our incredible brand team will ensure this drug will be a complete failure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yes and there will be 6 of us calling on the same docs that don't want to see us! Then they will add 2 more contract reps to the mix!,,,,,,,!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Farxiga sounds like fart! How the crap do you pronounce this drug!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you define as core defects? I think you should do some additional reading about benefits of SGLT 2. Maybe start with diabetes care. Yes you are correct about potential uti's.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The financial analysts are the best indicators and they project 1/3 of 1 percent market share with top sales of $280 million. Worst in class efficacy with a cancer warning that the competition doesn't have in their label. Yes indeed, another fucking AZ miracle drug. But the launch will be cool to make the brand team look good. The problem is that the Docs don't give two flying shits about the marketing smoke and mirrors.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

potential uti give me a break how about 30% of patients either get uti or fungal infection awesome

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have some credibility and read the PI 4.3 vs 3.7 (Farxiga vs placebo.)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just like Brilinta, this company will pour a shit load of money down the Farxiga whole while the brand team brags about their grand marketing strategy and really cool messaging. How far will top sales of $280 million go in justifying 6 PSSs per territory promoting it. Face it, this whole farce cannot continue much longer. It reaches a point where even our leadership can't stand the smell any longer.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What flavor of kool aid today grape enjoy selling the .54 reduction in A1c clown good news is at least they cleared up the infections with treatment. Maybe they can just go ahead and give free antibiotics with every rx.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is doubtful Brilinta has ever made a return on investment here in the U.S. given the costs of research, marketing, promotions, managed care teams, layers of management, and a tremendous amount of reps supporting it. The existing cash cows have allowed those dollars to be reinvested. By 2016 the cows will go to pasture and things should get interesting.

With a gigantic sales force, along with all the support - pushing Farxiga, the same will apply. The company has to hope that the noise level will get something to stick.

If it were me I might follow the current policy as well, ramp up as best you can until the bottom begins to fall out, then slash to maintain profit and stakeholder interests. Man hour/profit calculations will be watched closely.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ would fuck this up even if it was a first in class wonder drug that caused erections and grew hair as side effects. Just watch this joke unfold.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Caused erections and grew hair. Damn, that would be one helluva drug. Was reading recently that a new female sexual enhancement drug is having difficulty getting approval. Too bad, most everything developed seems to be for men.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work for AZ, I work for Sanofi and would love to have an SGLT2. This is a great class of oral diabetic agents. It is only the second to market, thats also great. Diabetes is the biggest market out there. Most classes have 4 or more competitors. Not to mention you are going to be competing with J&J who are clueless. They have a bunch of old Levequin and Acciphex reps selling this. They hired nobody with experience and have nobody calling on Endos except their hospital division and they don't even get credit for commercial scripts. I'll trade jobs with you in a heartbeat. Try selling a 12 year old Insulin that continues to go up and price and down in formulary coverage. Oh and going generic in less than a year. And having 6 or 7 people calling on same docs with 2 drugs. Yall have it way better than you realize!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you seen the women in managed markets? I think they may get erections because they sure as hell aren't causing any. And the hair is growing on their upper lip.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you have lost your mind

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the perspective! With all the crazy changes it's difficulty to have a positive outlook when facing even more uncertainty.

QUOTE=Anonymous;4960607]I don't work for AZ, I work for Sanofi and would love to have an SGLT2. This is a great class of oral diabetic agents. It is only the second to market, thats also great. Diabetes is the biggest market out there. Most classes have 4 or more competitors. Not to mention you are going to be competing with J&J who are clueless. They have a bunch of old Levequin and Acciphex reps selling this. They hired nobody with experience and have nobody calling on Endos except their hospital division and they don't even get credit for commercial scripts. I'll trade jobs with you in a heartbeat. Try selling a 12 year old Insulin that continues to go up and price and down in formulary coverage. Oh and going generic in less than a year. And having 6 or 7 people calling on same docs with 2 drugs. Yall have it way better than you realize![/QUOTE]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wanted to shed some insight. I am a TYPE 1 diabetic and also in the pharma industry. I recently started on INVOKANA out of curiosity. I do realize that this is not approved for TYPE 1 as of yet but that the initial studies were done on TYPE 1 but obviously only 5% of diabetic are TYPE 1.. not smart to invest your research dollars in us! I have been on this drug of 6 months.. I have had a 40% reduction in total daily dose of insulin, my A1c went from 6.5% to 5.8% with NO LOWs. I have lost 15# and my diabetes has never been in better control. This drug is life changing. I don't think you can appreciate it unless you actually live with diabetes and try this as part of your therapy. I don't have the large excursions in my BG and don't have to test as frequently b/c my BG just doesn't go up b/c of just being TYPE 1. I don't have that bloated look as a result of having to take so much insulin to bring down my BG. We need to realize that in most cases the diabetic body adapts by creating more SGLT 2 receptors making glucose reabsorption adding to high glucose. Insulin just isn't enough... I am also on SYMLIN (another drug that is under prescribed). I have a list of TYPE 1s that are seeking this medication and finding it life changing. And for those TYPE 2s looking to better control their BGs and prevent weight gain when started on insulin.. THEY SHOULD BE ON INVOKANA or FARXIGA. It just makes sense. You should use that angle...

Glycemic control is the bottom line and weight gain is something that we want to avoid... combine insulin w/ and SGLT 2... you won't need as much insulin and blood sugar control is just easier.

Game changer in my opinion. You do lose weight and I have people taking this who do not have diabetes and are losing weight incrementally. I won't cause low blood sugar your body will just lose about 300 kcal / day and over time that will lead to weight loss. The body will just produce less insulin and as a result you end up losing the majority of the weight in the midsection.

There is more to this drug that meets the eye.

Lastly.. no real side effects. You pee a little more. I have about 10 people on it.. Never got a UTI, no issue w/ sugar urine being an issue, no yeast infections.. I am just not seeing it.

I hope this insight helps....