Dumping Delaware Running to england

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You dumped our tea when the taxes were to high - we dump delaware ! Thank you America for having your tax payers support outrageous prices for AstraZeneca drugs so we can build buildings in Cambridge UK. F*ck America !! Support AZ

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amongst all your bile you've lost sight of the one thing a lot of Americans do. AstraZeneca is a European company. If you can't deal with that go and work for Pfizer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true arrogant Brit snob. America has been your gravytrain, you over stuffed moron. We work our butts off while you go out for a pint or two or five. But you are right. AZed is a European company. Thats why its such a friggin mess. Decisions are not made based on good information. They are made based on egos. Now thats a powerful strategy. The French knob and his team of Redcoats have come to save the day. Have another pint while you think of your next brilliant move.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? You mean Brennan and Zook did a better job? What about research, did they find any new compounds? The US is a good place for profit but nothing else. Even the reps say they don't work a full day because there are too many of them. Waste?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The research sites with the experienced drug hunters that discovered and developed the portfolio of products that was being sold, but now are going or already have gone into patent expiry were all closed years ago. The sites that were chosen to remain active were actually the worst performers of the group and likely they will never discover anything in the near future. These choices were all made based on political expediency and not for business reasons. The so called clinical pipeline is full of candidates that were old rejected compounds from those sites that were pushed back into trials to keep the numbers up in order to pull the wool over the analysts eyes. A very low percentage of these trials, even for this risky industry, are likely to be successful. Don't look to the current AZ R&D for hope in getting out of this mess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, someone is angry about the Brits. Another Yank moaning about how hard they work while Brits drink beer. My experience is Americans talk a good story, subscribe to present-ism in the office and drag tasks out to last for 12 hours and moan about how busy they are. Other nationalities just get on with it and get the job done. Never been called a snob before so that was very amusing. Keep up the dialogue my fellow American, you're a loss to Pfizer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Charnwood and Alderley Park were two excellent research sites that were staffed with experienced drug hunters, had discovered drugs that became actual products, they were located in the UK and they were closed. The new Cambridge site is at least 10 years away from discovering anything. Get on with it then.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be followed by the closing of Boston. Someone's getting something done

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But discovering and developing new products isn't actually one of those things. Gaithersburg? I don't think so.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Notice the Diabetes leadership positions being posted in Gaithersberg (sp)? Wilmington down to A,B, FOC and FOP now.. T- 3 years till The Fort, and Wilmington are gone and we're all down in Maryland...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take up kayaking and biking. The Potomac River C&O canal towpath trail is nearby.

Cost of living and traffic just outside the DC beltway. Ouchie.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fortunately we can extract profits from America. In England we don't reimburse the silly drugs that you Americans love to overpay for. Of course we're building in England, that's where the great science has always come from. It's silly to think that Americans are capable of leading a Company in a global world. Most Americans barely know how to read or write, extremely lazy, with an educational system designed to produce field workers. If we needed bales of cotton to be carried around then America produces employees capable of carrying but needing explicit instructions on where to pick up the cotton and where to put the cotton down. That is the major reason why AZ must spend so much money on coaching - American are so dull.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true arrogant and entitled Brit!

Let's look back on history, shall we?

England got their ass kicked in 2 wars with America, and speaking of bails, we bailed you out of 2 wars were you were about to get your limey asses kicked.

You are nothing without America, and the fact that America was never interested in taking your tiny little shit hole of an island over says a lot, now doesn't it?

You are a service structured country. If it wasn't for immigration, no one would wipe your pampered little bums. You produce nothing of value, with the exception of financial instruments that are designed to syphon capital and wealth from every producing nation on the planet.

With regards to AZ and the leadership?

You have a Frenchman running a British company.

If my history serves me correctly, the only war the French have EVER won, was a war against themselves.

YEP! AZ is in good hands with the current management! And not unlike the Red-Coats in the War of 1776, the marching orders given to the field force continue to result in failure after failure after failure! Yet, you arrogant, smug SOB's continue to bark out the same marching orders to the troops. And the field reps continue to fail and fall.

You reward bad behavior, liars, and con artists.

Operationally the company is a mess, and not a damn thing is being done to fix any of the problems, which leads me to believe that the management is in need of American assistance, once again. Will it be Pfizer or Merck? Pfizer, maybe, but I doubt Merck will fall for the same scam a second time. Can anyone say Head Fred?

Buying the rights from BMS for the diabetes franchise, to improve cash flow; skipping key and critical steps in the research and development process of pipeline drugs; and metaphorically putting fingers in the holes of the dike are all signs that AZ is being propped up and shopped around to the highest bidder. As a shareholder, I welcome change, and welcome a takeover.

On the bright side, at least we have good dental in the US of A, and our teeth aren't as hideous as your kin across the pond.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sheep ranch known as Alderly Park? What will the Senior Executives do without their private dining room with their own designated chef? I guess they will have to rub elbows with the common folks. That was so British with dining fit for royalty with waiters there to take care of your every request.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alderley Park paid their own way by discovering numerous drugs that produced large revenue streams for the company. The people there worked hard, at least by European standards anyway, because the site was run by Scots. Did they have a nice dining area? Yes, so what, that's peanuts in the big picture. Cambridge? They have no idea how to discover drugs, they are all a bunch of academics there. Papers? probably. Drugs? probably not, at least not for a long time anyway.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Angry man/ woman. Different poster here. My parents emigrated to the UK in the 50s from Eastern Europe after WW2. My first language isn't English. I call myself British not English because I was born here but have no heredity in the UK. Everyone who's Scottish/ Welsh/ Irish/ immigrant like me and just got a UK passport because of an accident of birth is a Brit. Snobby arrogant people in this country tend to be English rather than British, I.e. Their ancestors are from here. We have orthodontists and dentists too now, since the 50s. Many of the pioneers who sailed from Plymouth in the Mayflower were English immigrants wanting to make a better life for themselves. And the Irish, after the potato famine. All the people who queued in Ellis Island. The US is where mankind goes to find hope and a new life. They want to live somewhere where you can do and be what you want if you work hard. We have fewer immigrants than the press says in the UK, but yes, a lot of them do jobs that we don't want to do. Which is probably the same in every country. We produce oil, gas, steel, coal, nuclear power and other stuff too. Have you ever been here? Yes, you can fit all 4 countries into Texas five times, but we like it here. I've been to the States once and loved it. Chill out man, don't let the troll get to you. PS the stuff you say about AZ is so true. Managed to get out a couple of months ago. Good luck all.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing more hideous than the outrageous claims of the Americans at MedImmune. Inflated egos, typical American bragging, with NOTHING to show for it. Oh yes I do realize that years ago Synagis came to market - a second rate antibody. Have you realized that Cambridge Antibody Company has made more money and created better science with our work on Humira than the yanks have ever delivered ? Typical Americans, big big talk, with out anything to show for it. I say "Let's close Maryland too" then we can be done with the losers. It's easier to have the Chinese do the work.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry. The DoJ may grant you your wish.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. It wasnt an American who suddenly promoted our focus on Medi,now was it?
    2. The Americas region has lead the performance in many, many parts of our organization. Fine - move R&D over there. Alderly had some very fine science, but they have been shut down. Who's idea? Not an American. Really? We need that brand new site - Pascal's castle. Seems maybe we are not so broke...
    3. Cant speak for the "big talk" at Medi but agree they are a bunch of windbags. Not typical of all Americans.
    4. Go ahead and trust the Chinese. They use leaded paint on children's toys, put melamine in their milk, produce drywall that US insurers wont cover in our homes because they are toxic. Go on with your bad self. Move AZ's business toa country where we KNOW etics and quality are unheard of. Adulterated drugs are already a big problem. Let's jump in and make it worse. An AZ badge isn't going to prevent it.
    5. Folks in the UK cant even select an intelligent American to run IT. Had an American had the say so, that guy would have never been selected. I hear things are worse than ever in IT. That's got to be some kind of record. Screwed up for the last 15 years?? Yep thats about time the UK had their brilliant idea to outsource to IBM. Huge success, eh?

None of the above was an American idea.

When will you in the UK put your over inflated egos away and do what's right rather than do what makes you feel powerful? Who was it that started this message with hate and arrogance? Oh, some idiot in the UK. Who's talking "big?"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will trade you Obama, Pelosi, Reid and a draft pick to be named later for any other four people of your choice. They are doing their best to turn America into a mediocre also ran.