MBAs at AZ

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pleeeeease stop putting MBA next to your name. It's a degree! Makes you look sophomoric and is embarrassing! Where did you go? Kansas State? University of Phoenix? Ever see a Harvard or Stanford MBA put those next to his name? Don't be like Iman I. Diot, MBA. It's a degree in biz not an MD or designation like CFP. Stop it!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, if you spent 30 to 60k on your graduate degree, you'd put it after your name. People who spend two to four years of their adult life to get an advanced degree deserve to put it after their name. I do not care what it is. Is it really useful in pharma? No. Not one bit and doctors do not give two shits. What is your problem? If is makes the person who got it feel more confident, than they will probably sell better.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed just leave it be. Who the fuck cares one way or the other? You could put dog catcher ESQ. next to your name as far as I care if it makes you feel better about yourself.
    Just don't expect anyone else to give a shit either. The only thing that bothers me is when someone with a PHD insists on being called Dr.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you!! Most of these people got the degree in night school, and while that is admirable that they worked hard for it, it is clearly NOT the same as having attended Harvard or Wharton. So get over yourselves, please.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeez, such sour grapes and jealousy. What's the big deal? Why does it bother you so much? Why do you keep bringing it up? If you were sure of yourself, why would it matter?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Why would anyone care this much unless you are jealous of someone particular or you tried for an MBA and failed. It is just a piece of paper and isn't hurting you. Obviously you have a grudge against someone in the company which is pretty typical behavior here. Unfortunately AZ is full of jealous haters mostly among the women.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an MBA and would never use it in my title or behind my name. IMO it makes those that do look like a tool.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MBA here. OP is correct; putting MBA on your biz card/email signature is the equivalent of posting selfies to Instagram, Snapchat, etc. telling the world how awesome you are merely because you exist. Any English style manual will tell you that only professionals that are licensed in some way should note that on a business card. Moreover, I'm embarrassed as hell that I earned an MBA only to end up working in this drone factory.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with OP. People that put MBA next to their name in business card or LinkedIn are looking like complete needy morons. I personally have an MBA, work at HQ and it's an MBA from a top 25 school. Not some shitty school like Cal State Nowhere or University of Phoenix. I never put MBA next to my name. It's a degree not an official designation. None if my colleagues at AZ or outside AZ, who also have prestigious MBAs put it next to their name.

People that put MBA next to their name are laughed at because:
    1. They may likely got from a shitty ass school and need to validate themselves
    2. Are needy - hey mommy look at me. Loser!
    3. Are in a shitty job making 100k per year taking catering orders so they put it next to name to validate themselves. Yes I'm talking about reps. And if you are making 100k and think that is good income I truly feel sorry for you unless you are under the age of 27-30.

That's it I'm done!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, why do you care if it isn't hurting you. I don't like body piercing or tattoos either but people have a right to do that as long as they aren't forcing me too then who cares. If you are correct and it makes them look really stupid then you should be glad because you don't have to compete with them for a sale or promotional oppotunity. But my guess is someone you don't like has done this and you are jealous because you can't. You must also be a woman because a man would never worry about such trivial stuff. It is like women being jealous because someone has a better ring, car or house and so it has to be really stupid to have them. Right?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do a correlation test. If you look at the people who do this and also the people that care what fraternity or sorority they were in (fill in the blank), still have their letters on their car, etc. you will find an exact match! Actually had a rep say oh well he was a kappa so he will write. Really? Lmfao

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure you are perfect in every way. Size 2 designer jeans, foreign made luxury SUV, designer clothes and dog, and you belong the best country club and gym in town. No??
    Oh right, you are a size 14 jammed into a size 12, never wear a swimming suit for a reason, cover your acne scars with heavy makeup, and couldn't get a date if your loser husband decided to leave you. How did I do?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, this one is pretty obvious. At most you're a BS (in more ways than one).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B.S. You're the same poster putting up this other drivel because you feel inferior and wear your heart on your sleeve. Too bad for you. Why would an MBA go to so much trouble to ding themselves? They earned it, end of story. You don't have an MBA.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I put 8+ on my card to designate my cocksize.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure the Male Doctors, especially the Muslims are very impressed. I, on the other hand, would love to meet you after dinner at one of BEMs. . . .

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why do you care? Everybody does it. I have an MBA and an RN (BSN). All free and paid for by previous companies. From good schools. RN is a professional degree and I will include it. I earned it. An MBA is a Masters degree equivalent in prestige to a JD or PharmD--otherwise why do medical doctors and lawyers go on to get this degree?

What have you to say about a 2 year PharmD? Should they call themselves Dr.? A lot of them do.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The title is correct. They are a Doctor of Pharmacy. They earned it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"An MBA is a Masters degree equivalent in prestige to a JD or PharmD-"

Hahahahhaaha! Are you serious?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A real kicker is I have 6+ years of post highschool education. An MD from say Iran or Pakistan went from highschool to 4 years of Medical school and they are then MDs!!! What do you think of that? In other words, I have more graduate education than an MD from some Middle East country. Food for thought.