Protonix Samples - What is going on?

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2008 at 11:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am quickly running out of Protonix samples. How about the rest of you? Also, do you think that we will no longer be getting Protonix samples next year?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear that they are talking about totally cutting out protonix samples due to the fact that the TEVA lawsuit will end early in 09. With the conclusion of the lawsuit, we will be done with protonix. We are just maximizing the damages right now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh. Sampling a generic is like urinating on a bonfire. It feels good, but doesn't accomplish much.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sampling a generic does make sense in the PPI market which is heavily sample sensitive. Wyeth is still making a lot of money on Protonix "generic". I used quotations b/c it is not like most generic situations with many suppliers.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the Protonix samples go away, watch the market share drop like a lead rock.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess what we have Protonix through the first half of next year?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lawsuit now to go to trial in late 2009. And, when we win, many things will change in this arena. So far, no generic company has had to pay dearly for their tactics and when they do the game will change

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My bad. I thought that the lawsuit was supposed to be wrapped up in early 09. If it is late 09 then I have no idea why they would not continue to sample to maximize damages.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not true... check your email. The brand team has redesigned the Protonix packaging so we are obviously going to continue sampling it for a while.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you get samples of protonix, besides getting them from your Dr. for example from the company it self.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Voicemail from BO came over today stating that Protonix would be handled by a contract company...sure would be nice to have a shot at that job!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Note posting from contract rep on this very subject.... Appears as those reps have already been hired... no chance at those jobs!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are about to get laid off and you are worrying about fucking Protonix samples!! You poor dumb POS!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update from a GI practice in the midwest: it's 2011 no Protonix samples or hardly any other PPI samples either. Dexilant and Aciphex still providing samples, so that's what we are prescribing. Strange though that there are Protonix reps providing samples in our area but they only call on the larger practices. What's up with that?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to be on the Pfizer board. There is no Wyeth.