Robot to compete with ISI

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just went through the company website for jobs and saw many opening related to system development and people with electromechanical/robotic background. I also heard from my friend (who works for ISI as an engineer) that recruiters are trying take convince some engineer to work for our company. Has anyone heard about this or am I getting too excited?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COV is the 3rd one again to the market, this time with Robot. Make sure not to get hired in Boulder as they just let go the entire robot team.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will this be a hit or another miss for Covidien?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After 00s million of dollar spent on powered stapler, we still can't get it to work properly.... and now we are going to get a robot to the market?????

I would recommend Covidien's leadership to consult with Intuitive first. Sorry no offense.

Best of luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or get ready to get into a bidding war for Titan end of 2015 start of 2016

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be a robot made out of wood.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wood, plastic or carbon fiber, it will set Intuitive into high gear trysting to save their current market base. Expect more " software upgrades" than mandating the hospital sink 2m into a ne machine like the Si. And the best art is for Titan, all the lazy and skill less docs using the robot for lap chiles and lap apps are already trained. Good bye Intuitive.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Knowing the quality of Covidien's new products, I will wait until version 10 of Covidien's robot before recommending it to hospital.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surgical reps are NOT experienced in selling large capital equipments. As it is now, we are struggling to sell powered staplers successfully.

Bad decision with the robot.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If COV will be 3rd to market with robotics, who is 2nd?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ISI is not having a great year, lots of bad publicity about poor outcomes and increased costs with DaVinci. Who would want to sell anything related to robotics?

In five years we'll be laughing about ISI and DaVinci. Welcome to the brave new world of the Affordable Care Act, muchachos.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NAH in 5 years robots will be dropping from ceilings . Just like Harmonic , just like staplers ...who would use this ..well look around . What will happen to us will be like what happened to record players, Blockbuster rentals, oh what else commissioned sales reps

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Robot is actually a top secret project to replace the sales force. Built in GPS tracking, speech to text Sales Force inputs, and always says "OK" to management. And Wood is an upgrade, initial production will be Paper Mache to absorb the spit from customers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is one confused company to invest in robot. Robot is only selling due to the "cool" factor. Not many hospital can justify the economic benefit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Titan Medical is projected 2nd half of 2015 based on their website.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COV vs. ISI...this is gonna be fun to watch if it ever actually happens.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if cov can't even get a simple handheld device to work how do they think they can manage a robot....oh...they werent thinking big enough with the stapler!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will COV's robot be launched?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF Covidien is getting into robotic surgery, nobody who is in the know is posting shit on CP and it's definitely not happening any time soon. At this point, it's all rumor and speculation, nothing more.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is why COV is hiring robotic engineers and marketers from iRobot. Neither rumor nor speculation.