40-60% layoffs in PC

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vibra, Unasyn were Roerig products I think.?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roerig was part of Pfizer - it had been a vitamin company in the 1950s when Pfizer bought it. A lot of good reps and mgrs came out of their, and they usually got the scraps left over from Labs when it came to products.

As for older Pfizer meds, remember Diabenese, minipress, and cardura... Tikosyn, Exubera, cefobid... I probably have an old wholesale price list somewhere. We made a lot of stuff back in the day. And we got cases of cheap perfume to give to nurses. Good grief I've been here a long time...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What has added to our demise is that the US pharma companies subsidize the costs to Europe, Asia, etc. by charging US patients, insurance companies,etc. our exorbitant prices. Our greed has doomed us to fewer breakthrough drugs, fewer and more downsized companies and obviously fewer employees.
    Drs are busier than ever to feed their greed, hospitals are hanging on by a string, too many insurance companies are feeding their greed buy shoving more costs to the employers, and insurers, and on and on it goes. The US is still ranked in the middle of the pack re: healthcare outcomes.... Proof that money doesn't necessarily buy quality.
    We reps are becoming the most irrelevant, unneeded commodity for pharma. It's all costs vs. outcomes. Where do we fit in that equation? We have nothing to offer our customers that they can't get elsewhere.....except their free lunches. Buckle up because the road is going to get much bumpier. In the next five years, most of us will be doing something else for a career and no one will even miss us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh boo hoo I just lost my 100k job for dropping samples! Get a real job

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, Zithromax was licensed from a company in Africa.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My God, you are old. You probably remember when there were two companies, Charles Pfizer & Company, and J.B Roerig. Yes, Pfizer use to own Coty Cosmetics.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and Quigley which is now Minerals Technology. Hospital Products anyone?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cefoperazone. Ampiciliin-sulbactam. Fluconazole IV and PO.

Oooh wait: the best "meeting" of all, the Cefobid mini bag "launch" at the Doral on Miami Beach, with Gloria Estefan and her band tearing…it...UP at the hotel club 2 nights out of 3. If I had a dollar for every affair there was during that meeting…..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have an idea on how many reps we are down to now? What were we at 8 years ago-12,000?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3k???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still way too many!!!! 500-750 will be plenty. A lot of office cows will be slimming down!