EBI v. Exogen

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Jun 12, 2007 at 7:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just looking for a little insight, although I'm pretty sure I know which way it will lean! I was curious to see how the Biomet Bone Stimulation devices stack up against the S&N Exogen device. Are their major differences? Is it based on price? I assume Biomet has most of market but is that steady, growing, shrinking? Just don't want to make the wrong move for my career! Thanks for the insight.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're equal. Its a relationship sell.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an employee of a competitor and if I had the choice I would pick S&N. w/o getting into the bone stim debate, I think that the CT division of S&N will ad many new products through out the up coming years. EBI/Biomet i feel does not have the greatest products and cannot compete with the big boys when it comes to trauma, nails, etc... in regards to bone stims some territories are dominated by EBI, other by S&N, other by DJ, orthers by orthofix...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're not equal at all. EBI has NO studies that consistently demonstrate heal rates at 85%+ like Exogen. EBI has to change their population paramaters to get a heal rate that high. Read their own PI, it tells you their heal rate is in the 60s. The EBI is right in that they can gain some business through their relationships.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You Exogen guys crack me up. Go ahead and convince a surgeon to treat that malunion intertroch nailing with your PING BALL sized field of coverage and see how well it goes. But you can see how competitive the bone stim market really is. 86% heal rate is for CASTED TIBIAS AND RADI, THAT'S IT...Oh how deep is the penetration of Exogen?? That's right like 2cm maybe 3 how does this work on larger people??Guess you can perscribe like 4 units to go all the way around..haha

Geez

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are FULL OF SHIT. Your marketing feeds you trash.

86% comes from 2 Gold standard studies and it is NOT only tibias/radius. I guess you guys have not read the Nolte studies looking at Non-unions of 10+ different fractures of different bones, some with internal fixation, etc.

You are also incorrect about the penetration. It will penetrate through all bones no matter the "size" of the person. Dumbass FYI ultrasound penetrates through water and fat is no issue so lard asses will also get the healing.

Keep telling those docs that as we continue to take your share and take over #1. I hear you guys in NYC got it real good by the FBI to try to maintain share. YOU guys crack me up.

7. haha your just upset because you couldn't get a better job than running around trying to get doctors to use "bone stimulators".I killed it for 4 years straight right out of college. Have fun driving around meeting patients like taxi driver and applying units. Just got an offer from Boston Sci so I'll leave this "stimulator" market to you DR. The New EBI rep will continue to kick your ass in NY anyway. Have fun in NJ too. Just remember 86% heal rate is for CASTED TIBIAS AND RADI, THAT'S IT (your "gold standard" studies show this).. if penetration wasn't an issue then why window casts.. HMMMMMMMM?

Mr. Gold standard studies

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Window the cast bc It has to be against the skin to work. Who is gaining share and who is losing? 8-10 hrs compared to 20 min per day plus better results!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Docs could give a shit about windowing a cast because they are getting paid extra by insurance for the casting time.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EBI stim is killing it in NY?!?!?!?!?!?
    Im one of the exogen reps in NY and I know for a fact there are NO REPS in NY. The only rep left was promoted to a manager and lost all his reps cause they cant move the EBI stims. Get your facts straight and then go get a real product.
    tell the manager/rep to stop crying/begging in my offices - your done!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know that S&N has a more efficacious product. EBI bone stims are a relationship sell through Biomet's other product line.
    S&N reps offer better service as well.

The dummies who bash them on the "window casting" obviously have no clue.
    Many advantages to window casting to the practice and to the efficacy.

More often than not, EBI reps don't service their product.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's it in a nutshell.
    EBI reps have other products that are more important. You SN reps can HAVE the stimulator business!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as I am killing it $$$ wise at S&N thats what counts. The stimulator business is just small portion of S&N's portfolio compared to EBI. Lets not forget that S&N is the fourth largest ortho company behind Zimmer, Depuy and Stryker.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&N has the best bone stimulator hands down!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your proof being what?? Patients love dealing with that POS for a half hour, especially if they are casted. God help them if they have a nail or are obese.
    With the tiny field of coverage and depth of penetration you are shit out of luck if you are very obese. God knows we never see any of those folks!:)

The new mini is going to kick ass. Exogen never gets reimbursed anyway. They give out more freebies than the Salvation Army.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nails have no effect on results. Casting is not a big deal, docs get paid well to do it. Depth of penetration is over 15 inches through fat and muscle.

20 min vs 10 hrs and you get better results, this is why Exogen passed ebi last year as the #1 bone stim.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EBI reps are so uneducated. Lesson: Ultrasound travels through water. Fat=water. This means that ultrasound buts through fat like a knife through butter. Keep trying that casting excuse. Docs love the billing code.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to kill the Exogen reps in Maryland. I would see a new SN rep every year and they would fade away into neverland. SN would hire the latest "hot chick" to try to get the business knowing I had been there for years. Once I walked in while she was walking out and I told the doctor, "You actually believe that crap?" He said his other doctor friend prescribed a Exogen unit for his daughters stress fracture, it NEVER healed. A PEDIATRIC stress fracture. Exogen cannot even heal a simplistic pediatric stress fracture. The depth of penatration is about the size of a roll of nickels. You think 20 minutes a day can heal something? Yeah right...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen- Who the f**k was the cat that said Exogen has a penetration depth of 15 inches????? You think you are the John Holmes of bone stims??

Your product sucks and is picked apart by any seasoned professional that can compare science to tit size. Any doctor that uses the Exogen piece of Sh*t has to be either in love with the "babe" of a rep or out of their mind.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Money talks. Now shut the fuck up while EBI gets thrown into oblivion.

FACT S&N surpassed Biomet's revenue in stimulators. Public quarterly reports 2007.

FACT United shared data on all bone stims prescribed and Exogen was the leader

FACT EBI cannot obtain a fresh fracture indication because it does not speed healing and work on inflammation. Yes, we take your shit before you can wait 90 days on a high comorbid fracture

FACT Highest heal rates with the only gold standard studies done on the market. Can you say JBJS jigga?

In the general markets, The ONLY thing you have going for you is relationships. This is the truth. Now let me get back to taking your shit. Even Don Joy is taking your shit.