Verathon???

Discussion in 'Verathon' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2008 at 1:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone with insight into this company?
    Thoughts, experiences, opinions welcome.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay as far away as possible.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you elaborate on why to "stay as far away as possible"?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an ok entry level medical position. Not the best, but ok to get into Med sales. Stay 2-3 yrs and move on. Acute/hospital div. MUCH better than other div. Can actually make a lot of $$ on Hospital side.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing on the hospital side....so it has been reported it's a good place to be, but I'd like to ask why is it a good place to be vs. private practice.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

acute care sells to hospitals. hospitals are always a better callpoint, especially when in the OR. Why? Because they make the money, and thus have it to spend. primary care is a good job if you want to work. This is true for both divisions. the people that complain on this website are most likely the ones that can't get their asses out of bed before 9 AM. Working at Verathon is KICKASS. For the person that keeps bashing Verathon... why don't you take some personal responsibility for sucking instead of blaming everything and everyone else (product, management, etc.) Thank god you don't work at Verathon anymore.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell me you work on the hospital side.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What can a new rep expect to earn starting out.....? Anyone know what type of training is involved with this company?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone shed some light on the interview process?? How many steps, what are the steps, how long do they take to get back to you???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interview process is like all medical company's. 3 interviews plus a personality profile. They are very picky who they hire. Private Practice is a division where you have to work...so is the other division (acute care). Although Acute reps sell alot more....there quota's are $2M per year and PP are 20% of that. Again... whoever the jerkoff is that keeps bashing the company... thank GOD you don't work here anymore. If someone that still works here hands out coconuts... and you got fired...what does that say about you. I love Verathon ... because I believe in EARNING my paycheck....not walking into one. It's a good company for people serious about a career.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you say very picky can you elaborate?? What exactly are they looking for???????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

typically reps that work at Verathon come from sales jobs that requires alot of "hunting". Pharm reps and "relationship" builders don't stand a chance because of what type of sale this is. It takes an aggressive, creative, and resilient person to get a job at Verathon. I've been here 7 months and have worked my ass off...but am doing pretty well. It takes time. The company as a whole ... is exactly as it was presented. If you work hard...it would be a good match. Good luck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ditto that. just got a job at Verathon, and am in my 2nd month. It's challenging, but no risk, no reward. This company makes their people earn their money. Probbaly best in the long run since so many other company's are going out of business!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you go through a recruiter?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview with the primary care side coming up. I understand it is the less desirable side of the two but I don't have a choice here so I am trying to gather as much info on this side as I can. Are there any current/former primary care reps on here that can tell me the pluses and minuses to this side?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was offered an opportunity to interview. Can anybody tell me about the training program? Is it intense, do they qdequetley prepare you, how long is it, do you have to pass a test at the end of training to stay on board?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got a call from a recruiter today in regards to an opportunity with Verathon. After reading all of the previous threads, it doesn't sound like a bad company. After all, as salespeople we do get paid to produce! Anyhow, I'm trying to make the transition from B2B to Medical and am very interested in this opportunity. Is there any information or advice out there that will assist me in securing this position?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks!!! I really appreciate your insight on the company. The territory is South Florida.

Making the transition from B2B to medical has been tough for me. I've been on plenty of interviews with other medical companies, but I've always been beat out by someone else that has previous medical sales experience. Does Verathon primarily hire candidates straight from B2B positions or do they usually hire people with a medical background?

What is the interview process like? When you originally intervied with them, what was it that set you apart from everyone else (Brag Book, Stack Ranking, Personality, Etc...)? I apologize if the stuff I'm asking sounds obvious. I just like specifics as I am a perfectionist and I don't want there to be any reason why I'm not selected as the best candidate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to set yourself apart from the other candidates. I undertand exactly how you feel, i was in the same boat once. For example, you answer the questions correctly during the i-view, feel you did everything right and they dont move you forward to the next round..What happened? YOU DIDNT WIN!! What ever you are currently doing, so are the other candidates. Think about how to pull away from the others with creativity, convey passion, its a career-not a job. Take calculated risk. Remember this:Someone always gets sold, i.e. you get beat out by someone else-u got sold) be more enthusiastic than any other candidiate, go the extra mile..hell, some dont even go the first mile... South florida is a challenge but will work if you are HUNGRY. im still friends with the former rep whos in spine...Its up to you..Look at it this way-If you win with Verathon and are successful, you can write your own ticket to higher paying careers.Good luck

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have key questions about Verathon and the products. Looking for honest replies from current or recent insiders. People have made decent money selling these products, but they are fairly mature now and I am wondering about market saturation. Assuming they last pretty long and people have been selling them like gangbusters, how much room is still left for growth? What about patent expiration issues? These are critical concerns. I want to make the right career choice here!