Another Revision

Discussion in 'ConforMIS' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doc just revised his 4th Conformis knee is 6 months from a bozo down the road who thinks he is doing the patients a favor by using that knee. The custom jigs and implants dont do a patient any good if the poly wont stay in the tibial tray. Great idea to have 2 poly's on a tray. 2 of the 4 knees he revised has disengaged polys while the other 2 have malrotation of the tibia by at least 25deg! Sucks for the patient but is great for my pockets!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was the femur well fixed? Could another insert not be ordered?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctor didnt trust the locking mechanism as this was the second time he had seen the polys disengaged from the tibia. there are numerous reports of this on FDA maude database as well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I found two. How did you search?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A whole bunch of tight knees being manipulated and revised down south I hear

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Revised one yesterday. Both bearings were pitted and delaminated. Knee was 4 months old and unstable along with the mentioned issues. I took a picture(Wish I could post), and the scrub mentioned to the Conformis rep, "your poly is made like the other companies...right?" LOL!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey where was the knee originally done? And where was the revision done? I have not heard of problems with the ConforMIS uni, But the iTotall is another story. I thought ConforMIS had fixed the poly issue a long time ago. The are supposed to be releasing their Stabilized iTotal very soon. if it has not already been released.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We did another one, but this time we kept the Femur and Tibia and inserted the new Vit E poly. We went thicker and switched from reg. poly to E. How much does this damn knee cost and is each bearing specific to the patient? That has to be expensive on both ends for the manufacturer and Hospital. That's OK, the doc is starting to come back to my Bi-cruciate knee and getting away from ConforMIS

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why was this revision done???? Instability? That would be a surgeon mistake on the
    first surgery , if you went to a thicker poly this time. The knee does come with a couple thicker polys.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pain and instability. We revised the Patella, and apparently the Zimmer Patella is the wrong one that you guys are telling surgeons to revise it with. I'm not going to tell you which one, but its not the one you're suggesting!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you guys read the HSS report/study
    On patient specific knees ie conformis
    Findings higher manipulation rate compared to off the shelf type knees

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where was the pain??? tibial?? Patella when flexing??? how far out was the knee from the original surgery?? wonder if other parts of the country are having problems?? the Hss paper maybe a little bias .... Ranawat was part of the study group and they kicked him off he may have an ax to grind..........

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There wasn't any biased points by ranawat, he basically stated the facts of his findings.
    Which were off the shelf did better post op
    Conformis also known as conformless had a high number of MUA
    Same thing surgeons in Florida are finding with their own patients high number of MUA!
    maybe Ranawat wasn't manipulated nor pressured by the stock options and royalties given to him to do this study..... I would believe him even more knowing that he disclosed how he was compensated and still come out with these less then stellar findings.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See the same issues with the poly out here in the west. Yellow pitted poly only a few months out. Scary

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that the best you have dude, lawsuit vs wright medical lol.
    Your lawsuit has shiat to do with your tight ass knees needing MUA, would you like to discuss that issue vs your sorry ass lawsuit????

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again the point that was made was against the conformless tight knees
    Your highlight of a lawsuit vs wright
    And then the Depuy warning letter how about addressing the matter at hand?