ArthroCare

Discussion in 'Smith & Nephew' started by Anonymous, Feb 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Discuss...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why buy their Coblation on licence when you can buy the entire company. Good move.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if you're stupid

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, coblation patents expiring at the pay 15 times earnings? Every sports med company already has a home grown coblation device in development. So they bought ARTC for its sports med line? Maybe their ENT products? Good move if the acquisition had taken place 5 years ago when ARTC dipped to $2 a share, but today this is a huge misstep.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Linvatec the next to be acquired?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a decent move, considering the players that run S&N and S&N's previous history with acquisitions.

S&N and a corp. with a felony under it's belt... Sounds about right.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are buying market share. Simple as that. Yes, RF patent expires soon but they are the market leader, by buying them now you are the market leader. I'll immediately pick up a few hundred k in ablation. Throw in a couple anchors to boot.. It's not my money, so it's a good move.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous posters are right: Way overpaid for what is essentially a commodity. S&N is slipping in all business segments. They are a little late putting their cash stock pile to work.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never been impressed with Arthrocare ENT. Growing at 1.3% in a market place where companies like Medtronic and Olympus are growing double digits in ENT. Everyone is questioning the Arthrocare acquistion of ENTrigue. What a bad move?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw a couple of their guys today. No idea how fucked they are...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, one said today she thinks S&N will go independent reps now that they are acquiring an independent sales force. She has no clue, this isn't a merger, it's a takeover. Will some hang on? Sure, but most are toast. I don't think we need your help selling wands...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are we good here or do you think Jnj or Stryker will put bigger offers in? Both can afford it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you are an Arthrocare stockholder, why would you approve this? Current stock price is higher than S&N's offer. S&N will likely have to up their offer.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure this deal wasn't made over night. You don't even have to go back more than 3 months and their stock was in the 30s. If this deal has been in the works for months than the initial offer was good enough for them to accept. Right ?
    If you purchase a home and it takes the seller 3 months to move the seller can't come back and say the markets better, you owe more...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good example there. If you've ever bought or sold a house, you know anything can happen until you close the deal. Get a little bit of earnest money, or give it up... No big deal.

We'll see what their board proposes to their shareholders. I guarantee they are taking meetings with anyone that can remotely have a chance at putting a credible offer together.

Remember when S&N thought they had Sulzer? Biomet I? Biomet II? When they had JnJ looking at them? No deal in all cases.

Stick to Blue Sky, Plus, LifeMod. Those seem to be more of your style.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

by "most are toast" you mean the sales reps ?

Remaining Arthrocare people:
    Relocated from Austin, TX?
    Cleared out.
    Left in Austin as a new S&N division.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A horrible deal only good for Arthrocare shareholders. S&N will be the proverbial bag holders. There's a reason no one else bid. They are hideously overpaying.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think when the person wrote "don't need help SELLING your wands" they meant the sales force...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: ArthroCare : S&N now owns +19% of ARTC

S&N now owns +19% of ARTC

When it comes time for the ARTC shareholder vote to approved the acquisition ..... that 19% will make it easy to get the deal approved.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rest easy, Mark Foster and his 2 management genius minions are in charge. Smooth transition and you'll see a tremendous return on the investment with these 3 in charge!!