MARKETING

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can marketing finally do something with our brands. It seems positive/more current with Exogen but Supartz is just plain unappealing. Look at some competitive websites, leave behinds, reimbursement support. Supartz just lags. It needs a facelift. Yesterday. Take a look at that other 3 injection product's website. Enough said.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

according to my DOS; the sales management team doesn't care that much about Supartz. (which is obvious because they have done little to support the brand as far as studies, marketing enhancement, etc. ) More profits are made on Exogen and that's where the focus is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well that is stupid on their part. Supartz was a huge part of income for many people and management mucked it up. NAMS and management asleep at the wheel and now the sales force suffers.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes please!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope somebody from Japan sees this. If I were them, I'd give the product to somebody else to market; perhaps give it to Wound so it can still stay under the SN contract.
    All of the superstar Supartz reps are pretty much gone, anyway. One more is getting ready to leave.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Invest. Invest. Invest. BV can't compete with pharmaceutical sales entities that put BIG money behind marketing. There is a serious lack of consumer marketing. It's a cost conscious market out there. Supartz works wonderfully in that capacity. With regard to EXOGEN, some consumer focus would truly benefit. (Eg; acute, 20 minutes, performance guarantee).

Please help. Hope the new marketing heads listen.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not going to happen.

I was hoping that they would have donated Exogen units to the Boston Marathon victems or DO something to show good public relations/good will.
    They (the investors) don't want to spend this kind of money. Plus fracture healing is a limited market. Most fractures heal on their own, so talking points about acute fxs is wasteful.

Company relies on the sales reps to move products AND our Science Liason. Supartz would have been a GREAT product to advertise to the consumer. But we are just too late into the game since the product is now considered a dinoseaur.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Supartz needs an overhaul.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not going to happen. Supartz needs a three dose indication; but looks doubtful that is going to happen.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were hoping that the company would donate units to patients ( "Boston victems") with fresh fractures without their doctors prescribing the units? Then you state that most fractures heal on their own, so talking points about acute fxs "is wasteful"?

YOU ARE A F&%NG MORON. GOD HELP US ALL IF YOU ACTUALLY WORK HERE.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Place is full of them

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

London, how about some overhaul?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One TV ad would be fantastic.

Maybe a push to co-market with our big ortho groups locally to show that they're using the latest technology to get their patients back to action faster.

Patient searched for "broken wrist" and Exogen pops up.

Not sure of the regulatory implications of the above, but think they would be beneficial. Other ideas?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about athlete endorsements?

There are countless pro athletes who have used Exogen to get back on the field sooner. Let's get them out there talking about how it helped.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should have had three injection Supartz along time ago. Durolane as well. Company doesn't seem to want to invest in the future. You can have pretty websites and marketing pieces all day long. But that won t make the payers pay for two additional injections.

You can talk Simple and Pure til your head falls off. In reality Supartz has a Five injection FDA indication. 2 injections too many costing Medicare, MediCal and payers more money. As well as patients.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has no intention of investing. 2 older products that should have been sent out to pasture years ago, and msk. So dead that even docs laugh at the exodus reps have made from selling them. There's no Kool-aid left to drink. The current leadership has no idea what made us successful in the past , and no plan for a future. So, left to desperate measures, they manage by intimidation. Do you really think a rep panel will be manned by anyone who isn't in lockstep with the company? Think again. I could name several reps that need their voices heard but the company fears those people. The company would actually see reps held down and held back by inferior dos's and an infrastructure built on "no". This company is littered with people who live by"no we can't ".

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So long as the reps are only nominated by dos's, then it's sure to be a kangaroo court. I agree , there are several reps who have the business pedigree to lead this company, but they will never get a chance. In fact I know of a few who are actively being quota bashed out of the company. The "drive" is there for fresh fractures, non-unions (or that dreaded term delayed unions), but educating the physician on how to properly request authorization is of paramount importance. If the requesting physician omits notating the "risk factors" in the request for authorization regarding a fresh fracture, provision of the Exogen will NOT get authorized.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never could understand why a DOS has to nominate a rep to advance into an opening in marketing. Many good reps, who DOS's inherited and did not hire themselves, are overlooked/ Then you have cases where DOS's have much to hide and they do not want their reps in headquarters.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since when does a DOS have to nominate the rep? Apply, follow up with the appropriate people (you obviously have their info) and go after it! What's the issue here? ALB is all about hiring from inside.