Olympus distributors

Discussion in 'Olympus Endoscopy' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Olympus have any product lines with distributors?

Or do they use them at all?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you think Olympus America is?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A distributor within a distributor within a distributor...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me what a field marketing manager is or does. Is that another name for a sale rep.
    Thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The title is misleading. Very interesting candidates have been hired.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company is becoming a player . They are making some dynamic shifts in approach to market. seems to be the only company expanding and hiring.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? "Becoming" a player? First off, they are a "player", but more to the point, they are getting fat and making bad hires into poorly designed positions and strategy. (truth)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

enlighten us on the outside please

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is an FMM position ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fast Moving Maniac!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's cheaper for the company to higher less expensive people with less talent even if you need more than one. There's always someone that will take a job at OLY for a low salary and the company could care less at this point. They don't want quality employees at this point any more.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, first if all I competed against Olympus for many years with Pentax. They are
    #1 in Flexible scope Endoscopy by huge margins. When I began there were two companies in the GI scope of things. Forget about Endochoice, they sell bite blocks at lower prices. To be a płayer in GI capital you must first have 10 years of proven, well like devices and service mûst be the best.

Olympus is a huge company and public. They are very political in all aspects
    of the corporate way of business. They laid off 90 2 years ago and are now hiring
    more than 100. Simply because Fuji is nil, Pentax fired everyone who "sold" and kept the skaters, and Olympus has the opportunity to improve endoscopy GI market share over 80 percent, at least.

Bad decisions? Not really, they are solid in GI period. There 8-10 Olympus GI folks compared to 2-3 Pentax people in every market. Fujinon has one rep per 2-3 Pentax reps. Endochoice has nothing in capital as far as I'm concerned

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree - do your research and if you are to work for Olympus, work hard. You can make a lot of money in Gi capital. Salaries are competitive across the board and with Olympus, you have more opportunity to sell than anyone else by far! The doors are open to upgrade and the latest systems are in the hands of Olympus. They also have devices, their own in house financing and very good products. Thanks:)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No distributors!!! No Gi uses distributors but a few old school Pentax reps

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company has been headed for the shitter, for quite some time.
    Time to get out!