Happy

Discussion in 'Zoll Medical' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are these posters really trying to help prospective Zoll employees or just getting in their last word?
    I think it is a win-win situation for everyone. The unhappy ex-employees are gone, the ones who are still employed and unhappy are looking to get out and Zoll is fortunate to be rid of (or soon to be rid of) those who have nothing better to do than get on an anonymous bitch board and air their grievances.
    Everyone should be happy!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And this my friend validates exactly what is being shared on this board and why potential new employees should be made aware of how this company operates. Zoll does not care that they have constant turnover or that over 75% of the employees selling LV are looking to move on and they sure are eager to place people on 30 day PIPs when they can't meet the ever climbing quotas. Yes everyone is happy...keep believing that. Nuf said.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zoll management has crept to new low. Now they have resorted to commenting on the CP boards in an attempt to debunk the truth about what goes on there. Pathetic. Kind of like ML or JW trying to talk to a woman. hahaha. Docs aren't buying your BS, and neither are any serious sales reps. While everything on CP is not true, all one has to do is look at threads of companies they have worked for. You will recognize that a certain percentage of those comments are very true. For Zoll, those percentages are even higher. All these people are just disgruntled. I find that hard to believe. What you call a bitch board, the reps call the truth. Nice thread name. You are either a major ass kisser, or the ass thats wants to be kissed. Tell pretty boy JP to line up to RP and pucker up. All while ML and JW play with each other in the corner. SW finishing off her 3rd bottle, with DB jacking off GW. Sounds like fun, maybe thats why you are happy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read 120 days at Zoll....if you've worked here...it's. 100% accurate and not negative. At the onset employees are told their monthly raise in quota will be $1600.00 when it's $3200 and $4000.00 with an SSR...that alone is enough reason to stay away from this job...let alone all the other layers to the onion...If you can make it work then great...but there's a reason the door keeps revolving. Ask a worthy staffing group and see what they say.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wish these posts were untrue. Am sad and professionally harmed for coming to Zoll. No randomized trials, non-standard of care, no respect from doctors, declining insurance coverage and high inappropriate shock rate make it a mine field. The new commission plan is a slight improvement, hopefully buys us all more time to find other jobs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the new commission plan an improvement??? We are all now on a 2 week fire drill with intake/billing/reimbursement departments that are incompetent! We used to have 2 segments (super segment) to "try" and get everything booked...not now! Sure we have a 6 segment look back, but with the ever increasing goals and skewed perception of potential patients, that is irrelevant!

Personally, I believe this is an attempt to do 2 things:

1. Give the new/and or Kool-Aid drinkers hope and recruiters something to talk about - "this is a great comp. plan"!

and

2. Further screw TM's out of money - the fit bonus has been eliminated and it is all dependent on revenue now! With many insurance plans reimbursement is out of our hands. Additionally, if you can't keep up with your goal in the first segment or 2 of the 6 week look back, you aren't hitting it at the 6 week mark, and then they pay you peanuts!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But everyone was paid peanuts before on the old comp plan too. You're right though that this provides the recruiters and senior management something to talk about and say, "yes we understand that the old program was not working, now we revised it and it's better", thus hopful to get new fresh blood in the organization. Once they are here they will see that everything posted on this board is true and the "new" comp plan is really the same old comp plan where you don't make anything. And the circle of revolving reps continues!

If you're looking in to this role for a position and a recruiter or the manager sold you this garbage, run fast. It's the same turd cut differently. You will not make the money here long term and will lose your credibility with these docs and sell your soul.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mentioned LifeVest and doc told me to get out of office.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What territory?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of them!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This board and strong is about the truth and awful management that is Zoll LifeVest. ML, JW et al have created the worst customer facing management team ever, and conned employees into thinking they understand real sales and marketing. No other company is as hated and seen as incompetent as this one, voiced on this board. Both prospective employees and trusted customers should also hear the truth about this place, so people can make informed decisions.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ML, JW, or JP, you're the only ones who think this way about your employees- so thanks for the thoughtless post. For those who took are are considering taking chances with our careers, reputations and contacts, there is more at stake here. We're sharing how messed up the marketing and sales side of things are here, and letting others know how mismanaged things are from those of us with experience in other solid established companies.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Comp program is a band aid on an elephant. Detracts from the real issue. After a year or year and a half the 3200 dollar monthly increase catches up and surpasses your ability to hit quota. At that point they could say you'll make a million dollars at plan because It ain't going to happen. New comp program is for people who took over territories where the quota was say 100, 000 rep left and new rep is presented with a 50,000 quota so he won't think he's buried and working for a shit company. If the idiot manager with no cardiac experience and pharm management past thinks this is a viable strategy than he better keep his favorite recruiters number close. This fact coupled with a account manager staff that is comped in a manor that is counter productive to your sales efforts makes this company a joke. Let's not forget that there is no consistence in approving orders and that those folks in charge of approving have no idea how to read a medical document. Do you know how many patient orders have been approved with patients that have in big bold letters on there medical documents ISCHEMIC CARDIOMYOPATHY (No previous MI) just because THIER EF is below 35? Is it possible to find some sales reps that have been here 5+ plus years? Very very few. And all are in areas of solid reimbursement. Take a look at north east. Poor managers lots of pharm reps that have been lied to and poor sales. These are indisputable facts mr manager not opinions. So if you call people negative because you bullshitted them and told them they could make money here more than one year your part of the problem! You deserve to listen to every criticism you helped perpetuate. Now get off this site because nobody wants to hire ZOLL DME managers so get ready for a future career with companies like applied medical or KCI.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold on people don't critique this poster just yet. Let's give him/ her THIER due. Let's figure out what they like about this job. This will tell us a couple of things. Manager? TM? Corporate? Sales people are talking about THIER experiences here with this company. So what is it that you like about this job. Please don't bore us with saving lives you didn't take this opportunity for this reason. You could have been a life guard at the local pool if that was the case. So tell us? How is the company structured to help your efforts. Please discuss a couple of key areas for prospective candidates. 1. Quota/ comp 2. Tech support 3. Account managers participation in the process 4. RMs cardiac experience 5. Reimbursement negative adjustments 6. Leasing for patients with no insurance 7. Clinical literature 8. EP acceptance 9. Upward mobility 10. Approval for PSR visits to resolve issues 10. Company removing vests from patients that call in and complain of it being uncomfortable/ not notifying sales to get involved. Add any other topics as you see fit so prospective employees get a good idea of the company. Hers your opportunity to get specific instead of calling people with valid issues complainers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! Let's hear it! Here come the lies, smoke and mirrors and scare tactics!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is not 1 positive response to the above questions!

This place is on the list of "Worst companies to work for"...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a field perspective in hopes that the lies cannot be perpetuated forever:

1. Impossible to hit at some point. The line between quota increase and actual revenue will eventually diverge (~1 year) and you will be underwater and cannot recover.

2. A group of $10.00 people in Pittsburgh who's sole job is "to keep the people in the vest". This usually does not involve listening to the patient, sympathy, problem solving, etc..

3. Tech support will typically "handle" the problem without notifying the field.

4. In most cases ZERO! This makes the mandatory babysitting ride-a-longs VERY awkward! Envision a scenario; "RM" with no cardiac experience uses one of the concentric selling analogies (seat belt, luggage, etc...) with one of your top EP's that is driven by clinical trials...

5. This ties back to intake approving orders that will not be reimbursed by plans (ischemic cardiomyopathy, etc...). With commercial plans the criteria is thrown out the window and orders are approved without any supporting clinicals. The ONLY cases where intake toes the line is with Medicare. They do this because they don't want to lose reimbursement due to violating their agreement. Any other plan...ABLE TO DISPENSE regardless!

6. This one is simple - ask yourself "what is the benefit of a hospital leasing this device for a patient"??? Give up...there isn't one! - edit: I guess 1.3% of the time a life will be saved...

7. I'm going to lose the term "literature" and use clinical trials, in which case there are NONE! We sell off of other, non-LifeVest, randomized clinical trials and say "doctor if that then surely this"! The only "data" (used loosely) we have is retrospective data controlled by US (we are not the pinnacle of honesty if folks haven't already figured that out). Additionally, this data could be extremely biased, as selection of "sicker" patients could skew the results in our favor (i.e. no control group).

8. No one, including EP's, believes LifeVest is standard of care! It is not in any guidelines and is typically thought of as a niece product or one to utilized in desperate situations.

9. Upward mobility...what is this??? Also, if 75% of the field has been here less then 1 year, WHO do you promote???

10. Again, another thing controlled by $10 an hour employees in Pittsburgh who are instructed to resolve the situation. By resolve I mean ultimately keep the patient in the vest, but do it in the cheapest manner possible (i.e. last resort is sending someone to the patients house).

11. This is the only one where I will say the company tries, to a certain extent, to do. The tipping point for a patient is after 3 months. If the patient has been in the LifeVest for more then 3 months Tech Support is instructed to provide minimal support to them and not to spend any money on the (i.e. PSR visits) as it is no longer profitable.

I'd like to add one:

12. We have devices so old (~2004) in the field they require a landline to download. It is 2014 and many patients have abandon landlines in favor of cell phones. Response from corporate; "downloading is not an essential function of the LifeVest. The patient is still protected". This may technically be true, except when it's not. For example, when a patient is getting constant alarms and cannot download to trouble shoot. In this instance they could have an electrode flipped up, be operating in single lead mode, and be at risk for an inappropriate shock! Second situation, when an EP calls you and wants a download done. In this situation you cannot get a one without asking the patient to go find a landline to do a download...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

by "happy", i assume you mean "dumb" or "ignorant" to mis management, i understand what you mean. It bothers me that a company with such potential is under achieving because of the wrong people in the wrong position. Wake up ML!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cant believe they are still using WCD3000
    That thing was ancient when I worked there, and I have been gone for over 4 years.
    The break even point on one of those things is 3 years at most...How does the company randomly put out different model devices on patients. No consistency at setup?
    I love this board.
    It makes me feel better about my decision every day

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such potential??? What were you saying about "dumb"???

I fail to see the potential of a niche device with no data to support it, an EXTREMELY small "save" rate, shrinking reimbursement, and no mention in any guidelines!